+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

struggling to get 8 in ielts listening

Pal92

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Dear All,
IM really struggling to get 8 in ielts listening,
in first attempt, I got 7 and in the second I got 6.5, however in other sections i got 7.5+ in both attempts :(
Can anyone guide me?

arsnur

Mar 27, 2020
Hey,

I got 8.5 in Listening, so what I did is just listening to English a lot. 3-4 hours a day. Podcasts, movies, talk shows etc/

Of course, you need to understand what areas of listening are you struggling with the most and work on that as well.

angie20

Feb 3, 2021
Hi Pal92! I got an 8 in the listening section. What I did was practicing from the IELTS Cambridge General Training listening section (you can find this in youtube for free and I'd say this is the closest one to the real test) for a week straight to warm up and familiarised myself with the listening section.

I'd suggest you to mark your practice answers and read the audioscript afterwards to understand the logic behind them. Lastly, stay focused during the exam! I usually got 8.5 during my practice but I was playing with my nails during the first 20 seconds of the real test and voila! I missed the answer for the first question (surname spelling). Good luck!

Ang04

Sep 21, 2020
You should try "IELTS Listening (Masterclass): Get Band 7+" on Udemy.com by Shay Singh. I took this course with Cambridge practice tests and got a 9 on listening.

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
I suggest doing all listening tests from IELTS cambridge books 10-15 (24 tests in total)

I got CLB10 in my first attempt (including 9 in listening)

Reactions: rad_mak