+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

still waiting after medicalse, BUT, "if it says "in process" it´s good"

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Hey guys,

As you may or may not know, my medicals were sent on August 2, 07 and I still haven´t got a reply or anything from CIC.

Being the curious George that I am, today I went to the embassy and spoke to an (incredibly hot) immigration officer at the Cdn embassy in Vzla. She told me that my medicals had arrived (yay!) and now they were doing some other checks. She said that it was not up to them how long the other checks were going to last, "but it should be quick". I´m not surprised that it´s taking a bit longer since I´ve lived in 3 countries since my 18th bday.

When I mentioned that on the Internet status nothing changed she said not to worry, that was not a bad thing. "Basically," she said, "if it says "in process" it´s good."

So yeah! Thought I share that with you guys.

Oh, by the way, you can´t just walk in and talk to an officer, but I wanted to hand in a document mentioning an identity mistake... long story. That gave me a window to ask about my case.

Let´s keep waiting everyone! and happy New (waiting) year!

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good idea. You act bravely and it is worthy of a brave person

Oloye

bla333

Nov 13, 2007
Yojimbo said:
Hey guys,

As you may or may not know, my medicals were sent on August 2, 07 and I still haven´t got a reply or anything from CIC.

Being the curious George that I am, today I went to the embassy and spoke to an (incredibly hot) immigration officer at the Cdn embassy in Vzla. She told me that my medicals had arrived (yay!) and now they were doing some other checks. She said that it was not up to them how long the other checks were going to last, "but it should be quick". I´m not surprised that it´s taking a bit longer since I´ve lived in 3 countries since my 18th bday.

When I mentioned that on the Internet status nothing changed she said not to worry, that was not a bad thing. "Basically," she said, "if it says "in process" it´s good."

So yeah! Thought I share that with you guys.

Oh, by the way, you can´t just walk in and talk to an officer, but I wanted to hand in a document mentioning an identity mistake... long story. That gave me a window to ask about my case.

Let´s keep waiting everyone! and happy New (waiting) year!
Just to share my personal experience. My medicals were submitted on September 23, 2007 (as per my fedex tracking) and our online status was changed to medicals received in November 24, 2007. November 27, I received my PPR request. I flew to Buffalo personally to get our Passports stamped on December 13, got everything and plan to land sometime April 2008.

Good Luck and Happy New Year.

naijababe

Jan 22, 2008
hi,
i'm quite new to this.i have decided to try this as achange cos i'm fed up of the uk.
i know i have to go back home and all that buisness.just wandering though.what sort of medicals are being done and do they have their own hospitals?
thanks

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
well, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "try this as a change"

... but the medicals are, the medicals. To put in medical terms, x rays, blood, pee, eye stuff, etc. And CIC has designated doctors in most countries for you go spend a few hundred dollars in these medicals.

But it sounds to me like you're not familiar with the process. It's not a matter of applying one day, having the medicals the next week, and "welcome to Canada" the next.... well, it's actually like that, but just substitute "days" for "years"