+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP POLICE CERTIFICATE HELP!??!?!!?

Davidsjlim

Mar 29, 2014
I was wondering if my application will get sent back if i dont include a police certificate. Im assuming that the police certificate is basically a backround check. But my backround is clean no criminal history. It says that it will take several months to obtain and I may not have the several months to wait for the results. Am i able to just sent in my application without the police certificate? Please advise

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are submitting an Outland application, you need to include the PCC at the same time.

Inland applicants can submit the PCC(s) later. CIC will ask for them after stage 1 approval, (or AIP), if they were not included with the sponsorship application.

Davidsjlim

Mar 29, 2014
Yes I am applying for in land spouse sponsorship. I was told that it would be faster. Should I start the process now and by the time they ask that the police certificate would have arrived?

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
Davidsjlim said:
Yes I am applying for in land spouse sponsorship. I was told that it would be faster. Should I start the process now and by the time they ask that the police certificate would have arrived?
Outland is generally faster in most cases. If you were to apply outland where would you visa office be?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The police certificate can be submitted later even if you are submitting an outland application. But it is important to include a cover letter explaining that you will submit them when received. Once you get sponsor approval, you can then send the document to the overseas visa office. Then send a case specific inquiry after a couple weeks to confirm it was attached to your file or order your GCMS notes and it should be mentioned there.

Ponga said:
If you are submitting an Outland application, you need to include the PCC at the same time.
Inland applicants can submit the PCC(s) later. CIC will ask for them after stage 1 approval, (or AIP), if they were not included with the sponsorship application.

Davidsjlim

Mar 29, 2014
Even if I am living inside and applying for inside Canada am i able to send my application to somewhere in the United States for faster processing? The Ottawa office has a very short processing time am I able to send my application to them? to get it processed faster? Or do I have to send it to Mississagua Ontario?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Davidsjlim said:
Even if I am living inside and applying for inside Canada am i able to send my application to somewhere in the United States for faster processing? The Ottawa office has a very short processing time am I able to send my application to them? to get it processed faster? Or do I have to send it to Mississagua Ontario?
All outland applications for US citizens first go to Ottawa. Any "problem" applications can get transferred to LA or NY. If there are no issues, it will be processed in Ottawa. Many americans apply outland but then "visit" their spouse in Canada and stay there for the whole time.

For more insight, see my post in this thread and QuebecOkie's response below (who has personal experience with inland)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/volunteering-t190910.0.html;msg2989895#msg2989895

Davidsjlim

Mar 29, 2014
I am currently In Canada on a work permit. My employer got me a LMO work permit. But was recently let go after 3 months. I was hoping to apply for PNP but now am not able to due to not having an employer anymore. Can i still send my application to Ottawa? Or what would be my best course of action? My wife is a canadian born and raised. It would be terrible if I had to leave her. Because of my status. I heard that I am able to remain in Canada till the end of my permit. I am hoping to get some kind of status and work to help with bills. I am a skilled worker. Please advise. Thank you

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Inland application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.

Question 4
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
•your country of nationality, or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Outland application:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.

Question 4
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
•your country of nationality, or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Processing times: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Comments:
1. If your work permit was issued for at least 1 year in duration, then you can select a visa office which serves the country in which you are residing. This would be CPP-Ottawa. Others can correct me, if I'm wrong.

2. You can remain in Canada till the end of your permit.

M

mikeymyke

Davidsjlim said:
I am currently In Canada on a work permit. My employer got me a LMO work permit. But was recently let go after 3 months. I was hoping to apply for PNP but now am not able to due to not having an employer anymore. Can i still send my application to Ottawa? Or what would be my best course of action? My wife is a canadian born and raised. It would be terrible if I had to leave her. Because of my status. I heard that I am able to remain in Canada till the end of my permit. I am hoping to get some kind of status and work to help with bills. I am a skilled worker. Please advise. Thank you
If you're a skilled worker, depending on the trade, it shouldn't be difficult at all to get a LMO, there's a skilled trade shortage in this country, especially alberta.

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
CPC-M won't return my application as incomplete if I sent in a UK Police Certificate which was dated April 24th 2015? I didn't realize until after I sent my application that it needed to be a recent one especially if I have been in the UK for a vacation since that date.

My thinking is that they will send me a letter requesting a police certificate and I can just send in a new UK one then?

dj0010

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
The police certificate can be submitted later even if you are submitting an outland application. But it is important to include a cover letter explaining that you will submit them when received. Once you get sponsor approval, you can then send the document to the overseas visa office. Then send a case specific inquiry after a couple weeks to confirm it was attached to your file or order your GCMS notes and it should be mentioned there.
hello. i have a question. i am on student visa and will be sponsored this year too as common law. i had my police clearance/nbi from home countrysubmitted when i applied for student visa. do i need to submit again for common law? i am
here for almost 3 years already. or i just need a canadian police clearance?

Rumbi

Mar 22, 2017
hello. i have a question. i am on student visa and will be sponsored this year too as common law. i had my police clearance/nbi from home countrysubmitted when i applied for student visa. do i need to submit again for common law? i am
Yes, I came as a student as well in 2016 and have been in Canada since then (my husband is sponsoring me), but cic asked for a police clearance from a county I spent most of my adult life

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you were still in your country when the PCC was issued or if you were not in your country but have since returned there, then you need a new one.