VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
OptimisticHope said:
Oh...that's a news to me :eek: .... Other than BOWP , I am not aware of this independent visa .

Yes, we are planning to file the extension before he moves back.

Can you please explain in detail that what kind of independent visa i can apply ? and can I continue my work on that status ?

Many Thanks for your response !!!
Well i am amazed you don't know this. But let's make sure i got this right.

You said you have applied for PR and you are the principal applicant. Correct?

Since above is the case, whatever your current status is in Canada if it is due to expire in 4 months or less, you can apply for BOWP being the principal PR applicant.

You would just to CIC website, "apply to change / extend your status in Canada as a worker" and follow through.

The only requirements are

A) You currently have a PR application in process. They will approve BOWP once they see R10 Ok on PR file (all docs needed are submitted in application and its not incomplete)

B) Your current WP is due to expire in 4 months or less.

That's it.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ush said:
my sowp timeline
applied onine - 31 Dec 2016
med req - 7 Feb 2017
med passed - 17 Feb 2017
Visa refused - 23 February 2017
email for reconsideration-24 February 2017
waiting.......

Hi fkl
Thank you for your help.I applied in CSE with Police Information Certificate.
but my husband work permit expires by June 2017 .That's the only thing running in my mind.it's tough to get my visa.am i right ?
If your husband's WP expires in June, yes CIC won't issue a work permit beyond that and they don't issue visas for less than 6 months to the best of my knowledge.

So they would just delay processing a bit and then would say you are not left with enough time.

If your husband has any grounds of extension on his status (Job offer + PGWP eligibility etc.) you should submit a new application along with that. You cannot use this PCC thing in that scenario because they can simply say we fixed that police clearance, but you are not left with enough time.

OptimisticHope

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
fkl said:
Well i am amazed you don't know this. But let's make sure i got this right.

You said you have applied for PR and you are the principal applicant. Correct?

Since above is the case, whatever your current status is in Canada if it is due to expire in 4 months or less, you can apply for BOWP being the principal PR applicant.

You would just to CIC website, "apply to change / extend your status in Canada as a worker" and follow through.

The only requirements are

A) You currently have a PR application in process. They will approve BOWP once they see R10 Ok on PR file (all docs needed are submitted in application and its not incomplete)

B) Your current WP is due to expire in 4 months or less.

That's it.
Yes. I am the principal applicant in PR Application.

But i can not go for BOWP at this moment, because my spouse's work permit (which is principal closed work permit) is valid until May 2018.

In this case i belive i can go for extension only, but may not be eligible for BOWP because our current WP is valid for more than 4 months. :'(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
OptimisticHope said:
Yes. I am the principal applicant in PR Application.

But i can not go for BOWP at this moment, because my spouse's work permit (which is principal closed work permit) is valid until May 2018.

In this case i belive i can go for extension only, but may not be eligible for BOWP because our current WP is valid for more than 4 months. :'(
I probably wont be able to write about this again and again. But for your BOWP application, YOUR WP expiry matters, not that of your spouse's.

There is no OUR in case of work permits.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here know what the NOC code should be for someone with a job title of " Junior Project Manager " ?

Can we use 0213 ?

Regards
Riyas Siraj

Jkrishnan

Nov 28, 2015
Hello All,

This Friday i will be submitting my SOWP. Can someone Please confirm if i need to submit application for TRV. These are the 2 forms i have filled IMM1295E -- Open work permit application, IMM5645E (my family details). Im submitting it with the help of the consultant based in Toronto.

My wife is having LMIA based closed Work permit and what the consultant said was my approval chances are high because of it. Anyone here applied for SOWP based on a closed work permit? Can you please share the outcome? Thanks in advance

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
fkl said:
If you can demonstrate thoroughly its a NOC B job (Provide detailed experience describing responsibilities / offer letter, multiple pay stubs (one recent and one from the start time of job, T4 / NOA if any) and your wage is better than median for this NOC in your province, you don't really need funds.

You can quote your annual salary in Canada in place of funds available for stay.

Processing time would be listed on CIC website for outside of canada work permits.

Update:
Your wife's education, language test and work experience would just be a positive element and would help with her ties to home country but are not really a requirement. Most people who apply and get SOWP might not work, take language exam or have a professional degree. However, the principal spouse in that case needs to have a strong profile
Hi

Thank you for your reply. Should I make her own CIC profile or my one is fine? And where can I get a format for the cover letter and everything? Any idea?

Thanks

Navin312

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
hi all
actually i need some help my wife is in canada now with an open work permit that says dependent on spouse shes trying to get a job as a cook.
she wants to know if she can apply for pr with her dependent open work permit but she says that the employer that a friend referred her to is not really serious. does the employer need to do something so that she can apply for pr or she may apply for pr on her own?

also regarding me i had been dismissed in my previous job as a cook but i still have my close work permit which expires in 2018 i am still searching for an lmia job that is becoming so difficult i am jobless for 3 months now does anyone know any agency or anyone who can help me find an lmia job and later apply for pr if possible.

Waiting for your response
Thanks in advance

Navin312

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Anyone please

Navin312 said:
hi all
actually i need some help my wife is in canada now with an open work permit that says dependent on spouse shes trying to get a job as a cook.
she wants to know if she can apply for pr with her dependent open work permit but she says that the employer that a friend referred her to is not really serious. does the employer need to do something so that she can apply for pr or she may apply for pr on her own?

also regarding me i had been dismissed in my previous job as a cook but i still have my close work permit which expires in 2018 i am still searching for an lmia job that is becoming so difficult i am jobless for 3 months now does anyone know any agency or anyone who can help me find an lmia job and later apply for pr if possible.

Waiting for your response
Thanks in advance