+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit refusal under R205 ii - Urgent Hell Please

Dakshit

Jun 20, 2019
Hello everyone, I need some advice on my wife’s SOWP refusal. I am currently on my PGOWP and working as an assistant manager under NOC O. I have recently got married in August 2019 and applied for my wife’s open work permit in October. The permit was refused as the officer was not satisfied with circumstances of our marriage and insufficient financial condition. This was mentioned in officer’s case notes. Considering the reason, we then provided more documents supporting our marriage and financial condition and reapplied on December 19. After a month, we got a second refusal and this time the officer stated, “You do not qualify for the IMP Public Policy as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate that your spouse’s employment in a qualifying NOC. Refused under R205(c)(ii)“. My lawyer would say that this is not appropriate as we have provided enough information to justify my job qualifying under NOC. Now my lawyer is suggesting to update my employment letter and resubmit the application. I would like to seek some advice from you all as how I should proceed with this case. Should I request for case notes or just reapply with updated employment letter. Please help me understand and guide me towards next step and approach. Thank you all!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I need some advice on my wife’s SOWP refusal. I am currently on my PGOWP and working as an assistant manager under NOC O. I have recently got married in August 2019 and applied for my wife’s open work permit in October. The permit was refused as the officer was not satisfied with circumstances of our marriage and insufficient financial condition. This was mentioned in officer’s case notes. Considering the reason, we then provided more documents supporting our marriage and financial condition and reapplied on December 19. After a month, we got a second refusal and this time the officer stated, “You do not qualify for the IMP Public Policy as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate that your spouse’s employment in a qualifying NOC. Refused under R205(c)(ii)“. My lawyer would say that this is not appropriate as we have provided enough information to justify my job qualifying under NOC. Now my lawyer is suggesting to update my employment letter and resubmit the application. I would like to seek some advice from you all as how I should proceed with this case. Should I request for case notes or just reapply with updated employment letter. Please help me understand and guide me towards next step and approach. Thank you all!!
You need to provide an employment letter as well as three payslips. Did you include pay slips with the first application?

Reactions: Dakshit

Dakshit

Jun 20, 2019
You need to provide an employment letter as well as three payslips. Did you include pay slips with the first application?
Hi, thanks for your reply. I did submit 3 recent pay slips and employment letter as well. However, my lawyer says that we need to redefine the language to mention my job duties. What do you think?

Dakshit

Jun 20, 2019
Also, I was wondering if I can update the letter and resubmit the application and meanwhile also request for visa officers notes? Both at the same time.

Rabu123

Dec 27, 2019
Hi...my file was refused with same reason...did you apply caips? If yes, then what was the explanation?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes salary matters. A supervisor should not be making minimum wage and the same hourly rate as employees that have a more junior role.

Apr 2, 2022
Yes salary matters. A supervisor should not be making minimum wage and the same hourly rate as employees that have a more junior role.
And what about PR . Can I apply for express entry because I am doing all job duties of supervisors but wages are minimum? Can I go with express entry?

rajiv khan

Oct 14, 2022
Dear Dakshit ji
I also got same reason of refusal nd i am on Noc O level job Food service manager please can you help me how can I justify my job letter and update
Please help urgent
Thank you

Last edited:

Prachi_P

Nov 24, 2021
Hello How you resolved it? I need help.

Prachi_P

Nov 24, 2021
Dear Dakshit ji
I also got same reason of refusal nd i am on Noc O level job Food service manager please can you help me how can I justify my job letter and update
Please help urgent
Thank you
Hello I got same reason how you resolved it ? I need help.