+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit and PR at the same time

Android16

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
We had two previous rejections on SOWP and visitor visa,

Now i am applying for SOWP and PR as well, will there be an issue or conflict?

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
We had two previous rejections on SOWP and visitor visa,

Now i am applying for SOWP and PR as well, will there be an issue or conflict?

The answer to this question depends on many factors.
What were the reason(s) why the previous applications were rejected?
Are there any actions made by the applicant in order to resolve/fix the concerns that caused the rejection?
Is it even a scenario that can be resolved or fixed, or is it simply a given grounds for rejection?

I think if an application were made by following the proper process,passing all eligibility checks, with complete documentation/requrements were provided backed up with an honest background history
there should be no issues or conflict. Simply, an application is rejected if something is off, regardless if its a new one or a re-aaplication.
Submitting the same application, while expecting a different(positive) result without fixing the root cause will go nowhere.

Android16

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
The answer to this question depends on many factors.
What were the reason(s) why the previous applications were rejected?
Are there any actions made by the applicant in order to resolve/fix the concerns that caused the rejection?
Is it even a scenario that can be resolved or fixed, or is it simply a given grounds for rejection?

I think if an application were made by following the proper process,passing all eligibility checks, with complete documentation/requrements were provided backed up with an honest background history
there should be no issues or conflict. Simply, an application is rejected if something is off, regardless if its a new one or a re-aaplication.
Submitting the same application, while expecting a different(positive) result without fixing the root cause will go nowhere.
Thanks for your reply !
Sowp was rejected because i forgot to attach my employment letter and they could not determine my NOC code. Second time we applied for visitor visa ( stupid decision but because we went through an indian agent, infact no agents know about sowp in india)

Im confident this time because i have attached pcc, employment letter along with NOC code etc.

But i want to know if i apply for sowp first and then apply pr for both will there be an issue? Or conflict ?

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Thanks for your reply !
Sowp was rejected because i forgot to attach my employment letter and they could not determine my NOC code. Second time we applied for visitor visa ( stupid decision but because we went through an indian agent, infact no agents know about sowp in india)

Im confident this time because i have attached pcc, employment letter along with NOC code etc.

But i want to know if i apply for sowp first and then apply pr for both will there be an issue? Or conflict ?

I think your case is called "Dual Intent" and its a known scenario where I see no problem. As long as you have a existing valid work permit in Canada, which is the requirement or what qualifies your wife for SOWP, you can proceed to apply.
The PR application is not related to it.

The catch here is to convince "again" the Visa Officer that your wife will leave the date SOWP expires should they grant it...
This is of course considering that right now you are not PR yet.

But then if all goes well and your PR got approved in the near future, then no one needs to go back home or leave Canada anymore.
Good luck.

Check other threads, Here is an example same as your situation:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-we-apply-dependent-work-permit-while-our-pr-application-is-being-processed.461404/

Android16

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I think your case is called "Dual Intent" and its a known scenario where I see no problem. As long as you have a existing valid work permit in Canada, which is the requirement or what qualifies your wife for SOWP, you can proceed to apply.
The PR application is not related to it.

The catch here is to convince "again" the Visa Officer that your wife will leave the date SOWP expires should they grant it...
This is of course considering that right now you are not PR yet.

But then if all goes well and your PR got approved in the near future, then no one needs to go back home or leave Canada anymore.
Good luck.

Check other threads, Here is an example same as your situation:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-we-apply-dependent-work-permit-while-our-pr-application-is-being-processed.461404/

Thank you for your advice ! How do i convince visa officer that we have no intention of over staying after the sowp time period?