+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse not accompanying yet as she as work visa contract in another country

lynntaps

Oct 8, 2018
My son and family is on MR stage. However, his wife cannot accompany them yet because she has a contract to honor until Oct 2019 in NY. Anybody who was in this situation? Can the wife just follow after her contract and have her passport stamped with visa by then?
Appreciate your response. Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My son and family is on MR stage. However, his wife cannot accompany them yet because she has a contract to honor until Oct 2019 in NY. Anybody who was in this situation? Can the wife just follow after her contract and have her passport stamped with visa by then?
Appreciate your response. Thanks.
She needs to land as a PR and can then return to NY. If she doesn't land, her husband will later have to sponsor her, which adds a lot more work and potential separation during the process.

lynntaps

Oct 8, 2018
I have a follow up question. The "wife" is really a common law partner and is not interested to migrate to Canada anymore as she sees better option in the US and she does not want her passport stamped with Canada visa if they get to PPR stage. Will the points be recalculated and will it affect my son and their son eligibility to successfully migrate to canada? Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a follow up question. The "wife" is really a common law partner and is not interested to migrate to Canada anymore as she sees better option in the US and she does not want her passport stamped with Canada visa if they get to PPR stage. Will the points be recalculated and will it affect my son and their son eligibility to successfully migrate to canada? Thanks in advance.
No and no.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are they separating? She still has to be included in the application as non-accompanying and do medical. If they are common law it is similar to being married in that she must be included in this application if not she can't be sponsored later.

lynntaps

Oct 8, 2018
Yes they are separating. She’s already getting married to someone else. Does my son need to remove her from the application ? Or just change her to non accompanying at the PPR stage . Medicals done early this month. Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes they are separating. She’s already getting married to someone else. Does my son need to remove her from the application ? Or just change her to non accompanying at the PPR stage . Medicals done early this month. Thank you in advance.
That's entirely a different issue. He is misrepresenting his current status. He is not in a common law relationship and should be removed from the application. There also needs to be custody information for the child.

lynntaps

Oct 8, 2018
If she will be removed from the application, will it trigger a new application? like start with a new CSQ?, or the federal review will proceed without her .
thank you again.