+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Visa Application 10 yr age gap.... HELP!!!

rebel22

Jun 25, 2021
Hello, I met my partner when he was participating in a student exchange to Canada.... He is 17 and I am 27... It is legal according to Canadian and German law. We met each other 5 months ago. When he was done with his 4 month stay here in Canada, we both flew to the US together to visit his family. Now he is back in Germany and we are moving in together in 5 weeks in Germany.... Once he turns 18 we would like to get married and fill out an immigration application so he can move to Canada so it is easier for both of us.... He is currently a nursing student and will be 18 in two months.... Does anyone have any tips or experience on how I can tell immigration this? I have read that age differences over 7 years can cause problems.... And this is a very special case after all....

Reactions: Maingoc0710

Maingoc0710

Feb 25, 2023
Hello, I met my partner when he was participating in a student exchange to Canada.... He is 17 and I am 27... It is legal according to Canadian and German law. We met each other 5 months ago. When he was done with his 4 month stay here in Canada, we both flew to the US together to visit his family. Now he is back in Germany and we are moving in together in 5 weeks in Germany.... Once he turns 18 we would like to get married and fill out an immigration application so he can move to Canada so it is easier for both of us.... He is currently a nursing student and will be 18 in two months.... Does anyone have any tips or experience on how I can tell immigration this? I have read that age differences over 7 years can cause problems.... And this is a very special case after all....
Hi
Hope you guys did well with your marriage and your spouse sponsorship.
Currently I’m on same boat as you was. My wife is 14 years older than me, she’s 42 and i’m 28. So I wonder how did your application end up? I hope you guys are doing well.
Thank you