VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hello!

Almost done with our spousal applicstion now - just have a nagging question:

I am sponsoring my spouse, and for one of the questions it asked if he was ever called any other name before. When he was 3 years old his parents had his Chinese name changed, deed poll etc included. It was just one character that was changed.

Does this need to be mentioned in the form?

baljeet9386

Oct 2, 2019
According to your post the most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine.
My husband hasnt been called in for an interview (which I'm being told is good thing), but if he is, would you recommend that I attend? Will he be issued the visa right after the interview if it is successful? Our file in is Port of Spain.
I was called for an interview and my lawyer suggested my wife to be with me. We both were interviewed and it went positive.

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

fahimyaqoobi

May 27, 2019
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
Spose Sponsorship for Permanent Residency.
NOC Code......
CPC Mississauga
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
12 OCT 2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-02-2020
Med's Request
NOT YET
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
No
Hi guys any idea, I am waiting for now 1 year for my application. the application process started on 12 Oct 2018. Advice please any idea whom to contact what.

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Hi guys any idea, I am waiting for now 1 year for my application. the application process started on 12 Oct 2018. Advice please any idea whom to contact what.
Which visa office process your application?
As it seems, you are from afghanistan whereas applications take more time based on background check.
I wish everything finalize by this month

Reactions: fahimyaqoobi

Eugenevictoria

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hi I'm from Philippines...
My partner sponsored me common law...I did my medical and biometric July 26, 2019 and submitted August 6, 2019. I keep on updating my application in ecas but it only says Medical Results have been received and it's almost 2months now since my medical result have been submitted... My question is how long they gonna email me for my PPR? Thank you!

fahimyaqoobi

May 27, 2019
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
CPC Mississauga
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
12 OCT 2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-02-2020
Med's Request
NOT YET
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
No
As it seems, you are from afghanistan whereas applications take more time based on background check.
Application send to Sydney, and 1 month before by calling CIC told that file transferred to Mississaga
first application mailed to Sydney but just 1 month on calling CIC they told that it has been transferred to Mississauga but I did not received any email on that regards.
Yup from Afghanistan but I am based on UAE myself and my sponsor is in Canada.

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
Hi guys,
For those of you that have been able to link your PR and/or OWP application to your online account, what does your "current status" say? Both of mine say submitted. I'm just curious if this is normal.
Thanks.

Reactions: fahimyaqoobi

fahimyaqoobi

May 27, 2019
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
CPC Mississauga
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
12 OCT 2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-02-2020
Med's Request
NOT YET
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
No
Hi guys,
For those of you that have been able to link your PR and/or OWP application to your online account, what does your "current status" say? Both of mine say submitted. I'm just curious if this is normal.
Thanks.
I tried even now I can not connect to my application to my account in search it doesn’t finding. So wired.

Wahedi

Sep 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london visa office
Hi,
I’m PR and will be away for 2 months
being a PR once u get the eligibility clearnce and get a email regarding it u r all free to visit ur spouse for as long as u want no restriction is dr in this regard
best of luck

Wahedi

Sep 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london visa office
For Proof of relationship, I am attaching whatsapp conversations with my wife. The conversation is in english except the greetings and few other courtesies. Ex: Salam, Allah Hafiz etc. Do I still need to get the chat translated? Anybody with this experience?
not at all its clearly stated if they need translation in any point they will ask for it soo chill best of luck

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
being a PR once u get the eligibility clearnce and get a email regarding it u r all free to visit ur spouse for as long as u want no restriction is dr in this regard
best of luck
Be careful on giving out false information. As a PR, it it a risk leaving the country and even more for 2 months, it is definitely too long of a time to leave while the application is in progress. A clear restriction on the basic guide states that a PR must be in Canada, unlike Canadian Citizens.
2 months long enough for Immigration to assume you could be living in that country. It's her/ his risk to take.
But be careful on the information you share - it could impact other peoples applications.

@annjo

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Hi everyone. My partner and I have been living together since March 15th 2019. Once we have been living together for 12 months, we want to apply for common-law sponsorship. The issue is that my IEC working holiday visa runs out on March 11th. What's my best option here to ensure we have the continuous 12 months of living together under these circumstances? Go on foreign vacation for a week when my visa is expired?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hi everyone. My partner and I have been living together since March 15th 2019. Once we have been living together for 12 months, we want to apply for common-law sponsorship. The issue is that my IEC working holiday visa runs out on March 11th. What's my best option here to ensure we have the continuous 12 months of living together under these circumstances? Go on foreign vacation for a week when my visa is expired?
You can apply to extend as a visitor. I did that when my IEC was expiring and I got approved for a further 6 months.
That should be enough for you to apply for a common-law sponsorship with OWP - when they process OWP, it gives you implied status so you will be able to stay until they make a decision on that.

Reactions: theafjioman