+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
155
4
When enclosing documents, do you need to make multiple copies of some? I noticed some forms ask for the same documentation, such as divorce certif or marriage certif, passport etc... can you just include the one copy of those or need to make one for each form?
 
 

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
13,307
2,165
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KaZRa said:
When enclosing documents, do you need to make multiple copies of some? I noticed some forms ask for the same documentation, such as divorce certif or marriage certif, passport etc... can you just include the one copy of those or need to make one for each form?
We only ever supplied a single copy of a document, even when it was requested in multiple places.
 

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
5,143
273
122
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Lucasvilla said:
Hello Senior,

After getting AOR from CPC mis. what's next and how do i know if document has been transfer to VO ?
You received an AOR from CPC-M? That's unusual. Given the fast sponsor approval time, usually you just get the sponsor approval letter.

The sponsor approval letter will tell the sponsor that the file has been transferred to the visa office.
 

Aniabella

Hero Member
Nov 26, 2013
204
3
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
toutesweet said:
2. No. Original marriage certificate. And of course original Passport when they ASK you for it. Photocopies of ID card and whatever other stuff they ask for from your country with official translation.
Certified copy of a marriage certificate is not enough? Our marriage certificate is from Quebec, but do we need to send it too?

toutesweet said:
7. No. Absolutely no. In Quebec you're not even aloud to legally for a certain period of time and it will just make things worse, more complicated, and more prone to error. Stick with your maiden name through the process
How does this make things worse? In our case we got married years ago, but I only recently added my husband's name to my name and my new passport is with my combined name, so will this be a problem somehow?

Thanks!
 

Rmarques79

Newbie
Dec 23, 2013
1
0
Hi, I am a Portuguese citizen and I am planning to move to Canada with my wife (Canadian born citizen.) We are filling out the Family Sponsorship -spouse visa from outside Canada (Portugal), and I have a job offer from a Canadian company in Vancouver, where we plan to live, and where my wife used to live. We´ve been married for 4 and a half years and she has been residing in Portugal for 10 and a half years. I would like to know if we can both go to Canada after the first assessment of the spouse sponsorship (sponsor) and start working? Can I go as a visitor or do I need to apply for a work permit as well and get a temporarily resident visa? What would be the best option?
 
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
84,446
16,423
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rmarques79 said:
Hi, I am a Portuguese citizen and I am planning to move to Canada with my wife (Canadian born citizen.) We are filling out the Family Sponsorship -spouse visa from outside Canada (Portugal), and I have a job offer from a Canadian company in Vancouver, where we plan to live, and where my wife used to live. We´ve been married for 4 and a half years and she has been residing in Portugal for 10 and a half years. I would like to know if we can both go to Canada after the first assessment of the spouse sponsorship (sponsor) and start working? Can I go as a visitor or do I need to apply for a work permit as well and get a temporarily resident visa? What would be the best option?
No - you won't be able to start working after the first assessment of the sponsor.

If you are applying outland and you want to start working before you become a PR, then you will need to apply for a work permit. To apply for a work permit, your employer will have to provide you with a job offer and also obtain an approved Labour Market Opinion.
 

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
187
23
London, ON
Chances are you will need an LMO, as Scylla mentioned above, although there are some exceptions. You might find this link useful: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=193&t=17

Since you are a citizen of Portugal, you can come to Canada as a visitor without applying for a temporary resident visa.
 

ranzar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
50
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
File Transfer...
??-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-07-2013
are there any september 2013 outland applicants here? can i be added to the timeline pls.
 

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
142
1
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
computergeek said:
You received an AOR from CPC-M? That's unusual. Given the fast sponsor approval time, usually you just get the sponsor approval letter.

The sponsor approval letter will tell the sponsor that the file has been transferred to the visa office.
yes i got AOR last friday with UCI and Application number. my file was exactly 24days when i got AOR.
 
 

ranzar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
50
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
File Transfer...
??-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-07-2013
happy holidays to all! wishing for a speedy processing of all our applications.
 

ManpreetSondh

Member
Dec 24, 2013
19
0
Hi My name is Manpreet. I live in winnipeg, MB, Canada.
I submitted my spouse visa file of my husband to CPC missisauga, ON on 9th december.
I haven't receive any mail regarding my file whether they receive it yet or not.
they haven't issue me file number yet
i just need to know that how long it will take to process or approved the case in missisauga.
plz do reply
so stressed
thank you
 

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
94
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
Hi there,
I sponsored my wife from Bangladesh. Now our file is in Singapore. Good news is: after long strikes break, they finally stated processing. Singapore immigration sent me a letter asking for additional documents. I sent all the additional documents they asked in mail. I used "Express Mail Services" of Canada to send my documents to "Canadian High Commission, P.O.Box 845, Singapore", so I can keep track on my mail. but on Canada Post tracking, it is showing that "document has arrived at the postal facilities in Singapore but on hold". Its been more than 10 days since its showing that message. Can anyone tell me why it is showing on hold? does that mean, it arrived in PO box and the immigration didn't pick up yet? How can I know that immigration has received my documents? Cause otherwise I have to send the asked additional documents again, as I am only given 60 days to reply. PLEASE NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE..!!!! I'm kinda worried now.
 

kKingkKilla

Newbie
Dec 23, 2013
8
2
Hey I won my adr on nov 22 2013 for wife's sponsorship
Received agreement papers and was told will be sent back to islamabad for continue processing

Everything is expired medical police and quebec selection
What to do now wait intill they ask for it or just sent them in

And last she already 4 month pregnant do you guys she will be here in 4 month cause I think you cant get on plane after 8 or 7 month
Thanks in advance
 
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
84,446
16,423
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ManpreetSondh said:
Hi My name is Manpreet. I live in winnipeg, MB, Canada.
I submitted my spouse visa file of my husband to CPC missisauga, ON on 9th december.
I haven't receive any mail regarding my file whether they receive it yet or not.
they haven't issue me file number yet
i just need to know that how long it will take to process or approved the case in missisauga.
plz do reply
so stressed
thank you
It will take around 28 days. You very likely won't hear anything until then. Right now CIC is working on files from November 20th, so it will be another few weeks before they reach yours and you hear anything.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/times/perm-fc.asp
 

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
187
23
London, ON
Saied said:
Hi there,
I sponsored my wife from Bangladesh. Now our file is in Singapore. Good news is: after long strikes break, they finally stated processing. Singapore immigration sent me a letter asking for additional documents. I sent all the additional documents they asked in mail. I used "Express Mail Services" of Canada to send my documents to "Canadian High Commission, P.O.Box 845, Singapore", so I can keep track on my mail. but on Canada Post tracking, it is showing that "document has arrived at the postal facilities in Singapore but on hold". Its been more than 10 days since its showing that message. Can anyone tell me why it is showing on hold? does that mean, it arrived in PO box and the immigration didn't pick up yet? How can I know that immigration has received my documents? Cause otherwise I have to send the asked additional documents again, as I am only given 60 days to reply. PLEASE NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE..!!!! I'm kinda worried now.
You might find this link useful: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=singapore