+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

pedipbk

Jul 2, 2021
Thanks all guys for your quick responses

I am filling the document checklist right now and have 2 questions.
1.on my specific country requirements also I need to provide military service document IMM 5546 but as my spouse has not done any, in the document checklist should I mention it on second page question 7 where it says include the documents you have to provide based on your country specific requirements or no as I am not providing any since nothing has done by PA? or is it a good idea to mention it on the list on second page Q7 as it is required and reviewed it and next to it write by pen N/A.

2.Document checklist page 7 question 4 regarding military service checkbox. it says did you do military service? I answered no but how about checkbox next to Military service. should I check that as I reviewed that or not as not including any document?

Last edited:

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hi! If anyone can help me please, I have a couple of questions regarding the additional documents that IRCC is asking us to submit. Please see below.

Spousal Application (January 2020)
PA is from the Philippines

1.Baptismal Certificate - Will it be an issue if this cannot be provided? Like for example they can't remember which church it was done.

2. Hospital/medical birth record - My husband was born at home by a midwife so no hospital record was done, that information is indicated on his birth certificate. What proof should we provide?

3. Old Passports- his old passport was taken back by the passport office when he renewed it. What proof should we provide?

4. IMM5669 (Education History) - if my husband was in 2 different schools during Highschool, should we have that information separated?

5. Medical - he has a valid medical (non-ede) for a trv application, can we use that for this? We have a copy of the e-medical and can provide that.

medkarim

Jun 22, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
19-01-2020
I would do no more than submit proof she submitted biometrics before.

Note, previously IRCC always required PR applicants to get new biometrics. During covid they have waived this and are accepting previous. Because formally it's a temporary special measure, there are sometimes oddities or minor confusions in processing and especially in what the update pages say (they may say biometrics needed when they aren't).

Personally I'd pay and wait for them to refund (they do seem to do this consistently) because once in a while they ask for payment before they realise it was already paid. But it probably makes no difference.
Thanks a lot

Kitkat2020

Feb 6, 2020
Hello, hoping I can get some clarity.
My husband was a co dependent on my express entry application. We have since gotten our permanent residency in 2020. He would now like to sponsor his son who is currently in Canada. I just need to know if it meant before that I had sponsored him or the fact that he was a co dependent makes a difference. I ask because there is a question that ask if he was previously sponsored and we just want to answer correctly

Kitkat2020

Feb 6, 2020
Hello, hoping I can get some clarity.
My husband was a co dependent on my express entry application. We have since gotten our permanent residency in 2020. He would now like to sponsor his son who is currently in Canada. I just need to know if it meant before that I had sponsored him or the fact that he was a co dependent makes a difference. I ask because there is a question that ask if he was previously sponsored and we just want to answer correctly
@Leon can you please help or anyone else who can

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Leon can you please help or anyone else who can
If he was on your application as a dependent then no, you did not sponsor him. If you got PR first and then well.. sponsored him, then yes, you sponsored him. In order to sponsor his dependent son for PR, his son needs to have been listed on his application as a non-accompanying dependent and would have had medicals done at that time.

pedipbk

Jul 2, 2021
Hi

Where should I attach the additional pages? Just after the form with additional page or right after the page with additional page needed? Should I write anything on the form to inform them or they know.

Thanks

Keepers

Jun 9, 2018
If he was on your application as a dependent then no, you did not sponsor him. If you got PR first and then well.. sponsored him, then yes, you sponsored him. In order to sponsor his dependent son for PR, his son needs to have been listed on his application as a non-accompanying dependent and would have had medicals done at that time.
Thank you so much @Leon . This gave much clarity!!!

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Your spouse needs to meet the residency obligation on their own in order to renew their PR card. You cannot include your spouse in your renewal.

Is your spouse inside of Canada or outside of Canada?
thanks for answering the question, my spouse is outside but can come to Canada while applying for the renewal,

what would be the process in order to obtain the spouse PR, do we need to start the spouse sponsership process again ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks for answering the question, my spouse is outside but can come to Canada while applying for the renewal,

what would be the process in order to obtain the spouse PR, do we need to start the spouse sponsership process again ?
Yes, you would need to do the spousal sponsorship process from scratch if your spouse loses PR. Also, since you are a PR, you would need to be living in Canada while the spousal sponsorship application is processed.

Your spouse can only renew PR if they meet the residency requirement on their own. If your spouse's PR card is still valid, they can return to Canada now and then remain in Canada for 2 years straight to then meet the residency requirement and be able to renew PR.

Reactions: YVR123

pedipbk

Jul 2, 2021
Thanks all guys for your quick responses

I am filling the document checklist right now and have 2 questions.
1.on my specific country requirements also I need to provide military service document IMM 5546 but as my spouse has not done any, in the document checklist should I mention it on second page question 7 where it says include the documents you have to provide based on your country specific requirements or no as I am not providing any since nothing has done by PA? or is it a good idea to mention it on the list on second page Q7 as it is required and reviewed it and next to it write by pen N/A.

2.Document checklist page 7 question 4 regarding military service checkbox. it says did you do military service? I answered no but how about checkbox next to Military service. should I check that as I reviewed that or not as not including any document?
Any ideas?