+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

keys8014

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
Personally, I think once a specific form requires barcodes then best everything needs to be typed, unless the specific space does not allow for typing. Eg. Date section does not allow for typing. I feel the barcode is what is scanned for records as it captures all typed information.
As for the date, provided it hasn't yet been submitted to IRCC it is only a future date for you should be fine, meaning ircc has no idea of when you filled or printed the docs. But if you mean a future date for ircc then I dnt think that's advisable.
my understanding is that if you leave the "DATE" section blank, and press validate, it will still validate and generate barcodes. meaning the date is not important in generating barcodes.

furthermore, after validating, they specifically said to sign and date the application, meaning you can actually write dates using a pen.

pedipbk

Jul 2, 2021
Hello

Once an application is linked, do I still get updates through email or no all goes to this account?

thanks in advance

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
Hi, my husband TRV got approved and his PR is still under process (US based family sponsorship application).

Can I apply for open work permit for him once he comes to canada to visit me and how long is the work permit he would get?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, my husband TRV got approved and his PR is still under process (US based family sponsorship application).

Can I apply for open work permit for him once he comes to canada to visit me and how long is the work permit he would get?
No.

OWPs are only available to those who applied inland.

Capt.Marcos

Feb 1, 2020
Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of preparing spousal sponsorship application for my wife and I have a couple of questions.
We have applied for my wife's visitor visa in Jan 2021 and haven't received a decision yet.

1. I am a permanent resident and we are planning to submit spousal sponsorship application. Is is ok to submit the application or should we withdraw visitor visa application before submitting spousal sponsorship application?

2. In IMM 1344e, #6, under sponsor eligibility assessment asks "Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members". Is this referring to other sponsorship applications (duplicate) or any IRCC applications? In our case we have submitted visitor visa application which is still in process.

Thanks.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
my understanding is that if you leave the "DATE" section blank, and press validate, it will still validate and generate barcodes. meaning the date is not important in generating barcodes.

furthermore, after validating, they specifically said to sign and date the application, meaning you can actually write dates using a pen.

Since it validated then you are good, if it needed the date before being able to validated you would see it as an error or omission.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of preparing spousal sponsorship application for my wife and I have a couple of questions.
We have applied for my wife's visitor visa in Jan 2021 and haven't received a decision yet.

1. I am a permanent resident and we are planning to submit spousal sponsorship application. Is is ok to submit the application or should we withdraw visitor visa application before submitting spousal sponsorship application?

2. In IMM 1344e, #6, under sponsor eligibility assessment asks "Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members". Is this referring to other sponsorship applications (duplicate) or any IRCC applications? In our case we have submitted visitor visa application which is still in process.

Thanks.
1. No you do not have to withdraw the TRV application.

2. Your answer is yes and it is the TRV because it's still in process, no big deal, won't affect either application.

Reactions: Capt.Marcos

Capt.Marcos

Feb 1, 2020
1. No you do not have to withdraw the TRV application.

2. Your answer is yes and it is the TRV because it's still in process, no big deal, won't affect either application.
Thank you very much for the quick response.
I have a slight concern though with answering yes to the question, because
1. TRV is technically submitted by my wife and not me
2. It says "If you answer yes to any question from 6 to 15, you may not be eligible to sponsor"

Although it say "may", I just wanted to be sure.... Is it ok if I answer no and give explanation in LOE?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you very much for the quick response.
I have a slight concern though with answering yes to the question, because
1. TRV is technically submitted by my wife and not me
2. It says "If you answer yes to any question from 6 to 15, you may not be eligible to sponsor"

Although it say "may", I just wanted to be sure.... Is it ok if I answer no and give explanation in LOE?
Well you got me there, I am not sure, hopefully somebody else will provide an answer.

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
hi, i just recive my 3d notes there few notes
review required : millitary records
review required: elegebility assasment
initial review : london office

and also 1st time i have notes centralized intake office text: ukrainian PC provided for PA

what does its mean everything can someone explain please if have some idea??????

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021

You definitely right provided that the section ain't required to generate barcode, as in the barcodes are generated before that section of signing. If that's the case then shdnt be a problem. If not best to fill everything by typing.

Last edited:

Giovanna024

Jun 11, 2019
Mine didnt let me at all to validate without filling out the dates.
So because my husband lost Naturalization Certificate I didnt know the DAY of his naturalization, since on Citizenship Card its only year and month, I put 01 as a March 1st 2008. and I will put letter of explanation for that with copy of citizenship card.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Mine didnt let me at all to validate without filling out the dates.
So because my husband lost Naturalization Certificate I didnt know the DAY of his naturalization, since on Citizenship Card its only year and month, I put 01 as a March 1st 2008. and I will put letter of explanation for that with copy of citizenship card.
Glad you did respond from your experience. Truth is its best to fill everything by typing. But at times there could be a section whereby is not required for the barcodes to be generated.

Reactions: Giovanna024

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello, I applied for family class sponsorship and have linked my wife's application to online profile. She has completed medicals on June 9 and Biometrics on July 5. It has still not been updated on the online profile. Should I send a webform for that to be linked.