+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Feb 18, 2021
Hello,

I received my SA letter yesterday and it states:

“The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.”

No mention of which VO my application is being transferred to. Has this happened to anyone else?

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello. I am October 2019 Outland applicant from India. I came to canada on tourist visa feb 2020. My lawyer never update my address and all u got email to submit my passport at NDVO. But I am in canada. I told ircc about that and they updated my address just want to know how much time they will send me new copr on my email.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello. I am October 2019 Outland applicant from India. I came to canada on tourist visa feb 2020. My lawyer never update my address and all u got email to submit my passport at NDVO. But I am in canada. I told ircc about that and they updated my address just want to know how much time they will send me new copr on my email.
Your ppr letter should have had instructions on how to submit in Canada.

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
You are right but letter show how to do it in New Delhi but I am in canada. And I am asking that ircc updated my new address so to send back everything how much time they take.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You are right but letter show how to do it in New Delhi but I am in canada. And I am asking that ircc updated my new address so to send back everything how much time they take.
Read your letter carefully. Did it provide instructions saying "if you are in Canada...".?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello,

I received my SA letter yesterday and it states:

“The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.”

No mention of which VO my application is being transferred to. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes it has been happening to others, probably means they haven't yet decided where your app is being sent. With Covid they are sending peoples apps to VOs where they normally wouldn't have done before. It might actually be positive if it is sent to a VO that isn't as busy since LVO is known to be very slow even before Covid.

Cinderella_2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
My application was sent on November 30, 2020 and I’m still waiting for my AOR A lot of people
on November 30 as looking on the spreadsheet they have got there a AOR

hoovers

May 2, 2017
Hi everyone!
so, we had just sent the application (Feb 2021 OUTLAND) and only now realized that we missed reading the part of the guideline that says to keep all the barcode pages (IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms) on top of the application.

We sent the application in the following order:
  1. Checklist
  2. Documents
  3. Supporting documents
Will this be a problem??

Will they return our application? Delay it? Decline it?
Please can you share the correct order of sending the forms? I'm in the middle of submitting my Spouse application and your information would be helpful. Please kindly help

sam9899

Feb 15, 2021
Hi All,

Our application was received on Jan 08, 2021 (Outland). My wife (principal applicant) received the Biometrics request today, Feb. 22, 2021.

We did not receive the AOR yet, which I thought was the first step? Can someone please advise the process after giving the Biometrics?

Thanks.

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hi All,

Our application was received on Jan 08, 2021 (Outland). My wife (principal applicant) received the Biometrics request today, Feb. 22, 2021.

We did not receive the AOR yet, which I thought was the first step? Can someone please advise the process after giving the Biometrics?

Thanks.
Wow you got BIL within 2 months. Unbelievable. I got the AOR few days after BIL came in.

Somi100

Apr 25, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I am here in Canada as a tourist. My husband is a PR. I am going to apply Spousal PR/sponsorship(inland). But I am stuck at the PCC part in the process. I would appreciate this groups help here please:

For applying for PR, i first need to get Police clearance certificate form India. As we are based out of Alberta my CGI is Vancouver ( basis the BLS website). I have three concerns here.
a) My permanent address as mentioned on the passport and my current address in India are different as my parents recently shifted to anther house. I don't have any address proof of that place. How should i go about this? Would there be a problem?
b) The other concern is that CGI Vancouver states that- Those on tourist visa can't apply for PCC. The proof of status in Canada should be wither work permit or study permit. I don't have either.
c) They need proof of address in Canada. Since i have just come here and am on Tourist visa right now, i don't have any proof of address. I went to get added in my husband's bank account thinking that may help, but the bank says they can't do it as I am tourist visa. So how can I have an address proof here? Please advise.

After I get the PCC sorted, I will get into filling the application form and applying for Open Work Permit simultaneously. I will seek the groups expertise at that time. Looking forward to responses. Thanks a lot

Bezhan

Apr 20, 2015
Hello,
I just got my PR in Canada. I was asked to submit my spouse's sponsorship application and police certificate to london visa office. I submitted the application via webforms January 8th 2021. Received a confirmation email on the 18th. I also mailed the physical copy of the application which arrived at London Visa office on the January 21th (based on Canada post tracker). No confirmation on that yet.

I am unable to find the application online to link it to my CIC account. I was told that i won't be able to link it to my online account until the processing starts. How do i know that they have started processing the application? Do i get an email from london visa office? or should i just trying linking the application every couple of days, until it works?