+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship/Visitor Permit Extension

CanadienseGal

Jan 28, 2024
Hi all,

My husband (from México) and I submitted our spousal sponsorship application this week (inland). He has been here for 4 months on a visitor permit and it expires at the end of March. We are looking for guidance on the best way , and right way , to extend his stay, as we don't want to effect our sponsorship application in any way.

When we try to apply for visitor extension it doesn't give us an option to share with them we currently have a Pending PR application. We just don't want to get denied. Any advice would be helpful, thank you so much!!

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hi all,

My husband (from México) and I submitted our spousal sponsorship application this week (inland). He has been here for 4 months on a visitor permit and it expires at the end of March. We are looking for guidance on the best way , and right way , to extend his stay, as we don't want to effect our sponsorship application in any way.

When we try to apply for visitor extension it doesn't give us an option to share with them we currently have a Pending PR application. We just don't want to get denied. Any advice would be helpful, thank you so much!!
In the additional information section of the visitor extension application you can mention that you currently have a PR application