+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Family Class

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi All

Would like to Know After the sponsorer submits the Application in Canada .How long would it take for them to respond back .

As an applicant ( i.e if staying in India ) know once we receive an application needs to submit the forms at the Visa office ( New Delhi) .

How long is it before we get the PR.. CIC just gives an numbers anybody who got it done recently..

Any help is much appreciated

New Wife

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2010
AOR Received.
December 16, 2010
File Transfer...
September 30, 2010
Med's Done....
August 6, 2010
Hi,

You can check the CIC website and they will show you the estimated times. I live in Canada and applied for sponsorship and residency for my husband. The CPC received our application on Sept 2 and on Sept 30 a letter was sent showing our approval onto the next step. It usually can take 39-49 days for an answer, and until a decision is made you will hear nothing. You just have to wait I am afraid.

However if you are approved as the sponsor then your entire application both the sponsor and the residency parts are immediately sent to the embassy that you spouse has to work with for approval. Each embassy is different so I suggest going to the CIC website and looking up the embassy you are dealing with and it will give you an estimated processing time for your application.

Hope this is helpful for you.

New Wife