+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
I reached out to my MP as well, He checked my application with CIC and pretty much told me what I already know, security check is on the way. He is saying often CIC requests for second medical test, is that correct? I have 3 more month before expiry of my parents' medicals.
Our medical exams were extended an extra year.

Reactions: OP_POP

Jocelyn2014

Jun 5, 2017
Dear all,
Our medical exam was done in last Sept.
The CIC account showed background check : not started and in Mar it was changed to In - process The next step is to conduct a background check.

I am wondering if the background check has not started yet?

Thank you

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,
Our medical exam was done in last Sept.
The CIC account showed background check : not started and in Mar it was changed to In - process The next step is to conduct a background check.

I am wondering if the background check has not started yet?

Thank you

I am in a similar situation as you. My parents medicals was submitted in Sep 2016. A few months ago in myCIC status, tha background check changed to the following:

Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

I contacted CIC recently and my MP's office and they told me that this mean that background check has not yet started. They are still reviewing eligibility.

But today I noticed something different on the myCIC site. The format of the Application/profile details page has changed. It shows both my parents name and UCI number on it. And I have the following update:

Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

But when I look in the Application message section, there is no message in there for me. Don't know what additional document they need from me. Waiting anxiously....

Jocelyn2014

Jun 5, 2017
I am in a similar situation as you. My parents medicals was submitted in Sep 2016. A few months ago in myCIC status, tha background check changed to the following:

Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

I contacted CIC recently and my MP's office and they told me that this mean that background check has not yet started. They are still reviewing eligibility.

But today I noticed something different on the myCIC site. The format of the Application/profile details page has changed. It shows both my parents name and UCI number on it. And I have the following update:

Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

But when I look in the Application message section, there is no message in there for me. Don't know what additional document they need from me. Waiting anxiously....
Hi, Almost same here except for the Background check was- In process. The next step is to conduct a background check. Today it is Your application is in process. We will send you a message when we start your background check with all other changes as you have.

Anxiously, too

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Just checked mine, CIC application status shows Decision made but in my account it shows background in process

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING

Nina,
Did you check your application status on CIC website?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My background has been at: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

But today, i see in review of additional document: We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

Wondering if it is a bug or something, because i don't see any msg below.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
My background has been at: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

But today, i see in review of additional document: We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

I checked today and I got the same message as you. I sent CIC an email inquiring about that since there was no message and I also informed the MP's office asking them to follow up on that especially that they told me that a decision was made and approved our application on May 12th but we still haven't received PPR yet. Maybe the additional docs request is to submit the passports and they are sending it in the coming days?

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014

Similar situation here.

But no additional messages are showing up...

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With more people reporting this, I feel it is bug rather than any good news ...