+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring my wife thats in canada working at a place stated in her contract

damien martin

Feb 17, 2010
i just got all the papers from the kit online and about to do the work, i just have some question i would like to ask and hope to be answerd hehe. i allready know since im sponsering her as a spouse i dont need income i just need a job and not to be on U.I and i currently work so im safe on that one, i was wondering for my wife does she need a police check here in canada since shes been here for 2 years now or one from the philippines?.another question i got married 3 months ago to her back home in the philippines at a church with 125 people and had a nice reception and a good honeymoon with a lot of pictures, do i add them to the papers to prove my wife and i are genuine?if their is anything else i need to know about sponsoring my wife PLEASE let me know so it will make my life easier with these paper works
thanks you
Damien Martin :)

bflava

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
for police report in canada the answer is no as cic will and will be able to check for this.. i think it says anything country apart from canada..

so let her get all police reprot for countries she has lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 18.

the burden of prrof is on u so the more evidence u give the better, also the relationship b4 yr marriage is better than after the marriage, they all important but think about it...

also if u can get friends and family to write in that yes they believe yr marrage is geninue, then all the better......

go by the check list ok and good luck

damien martin

Feb 17, 2010
ok thank... also i only talk to her on facebook so should i copy all the msgs and also phone records?...... anything else i should know please let me know thanks

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien martin said:
i just got all the papers from the kit online and about to do the work, i just have some question i would like to ask and hope to be answerd hehe. i allready know since im sponsering her as a spouse i dont need income i just need a job and not to be on U.I and i currently work so im safe on that one, i was wondering for my wife does she need a police check here in canada since shes been here for 2 years now or one from the philippines?.another question i got married 3 months ago to her back home in the philippines at a church with 125 people and had a nice reception and a good honeymoon with a lot of pictures, do i add them to the papers to prove my wife and i are genuine?if their is anything else i need to know about sponsoring my wife PLEASE let me know so it will make my life easier with these paper works
thanks you
Damien Martin :)
Hi Damien Martin,
We almost have the same situation. I'm currently in Canada on a wp, and my husband sponsored me via outland.
1. She doesn't need a police check in Canada, she does need one from the Philippines though.
2. The more evidence, the better!

damien martin

Feb 17, 2010
so twix , when i get all the info and papers back from my wife with everything where should i hand in my papers to be processed?

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien martin said:
so twix , when i get all the info and papers back from my wife with everything where should i hand in my papers to be processed?
You can either do inland or outland. But I did and outland application 'coz it's faster. If you opt for an outland, you may either submit it to Buffalo or CIC-Manila.

bflava

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
i will say set up msn now now and have records of that plus emails too, and also facebook is all good, the more evidence u provide the better... u dont sent anything outside canada ok..

go the the immigration site and read the guide, it is very easy n self explanatory trust me

start from here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

and also i will say dont rush i, read the guide, and take yr time..

1. evidence, photos, trips u have taken together, things to proof to yr sef that u guys r in a relationship.. remember the onus is on u to proof that u are in a geninue relationship to me, them , yr neighbour, yr friends, etc.... lol

Get police report from her country n or any country she has lived in since age 18 n also for more thn 6 months excluding canada..., get medicals done / Birth cert maybe read the check list and also country specification ok... take yr time my friend.. remember to pay the fees upfront too it make processing faster in a way

I will say do outland and this is where u send everything..

Case Processing Centre - Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga ON L5A 4N6

Good luck

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien martin said:
so then i should just mail it to CIC manilla then when im done filling out the information?
It would be best if you read the application kit thoroughly. You would have to go through the first stage, which goes through CPC- Mississauga to assess your eligibility to sponsor. Then they would forward it to either Buffalo or CIC-Manila, whichever visa office you choose to process your application.

damien martin

Feb 17, 2010
ok awesome thank you..... do they send me something in the mail that lets me choose what visa office i would like to send the information too?

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien martin said:
ok awesome thank you..... do they send me something in the mail that lets me choose what visa office i would like to send the information too?
No, you have to fill it in the application forms that you submit.