+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my wife---File stuck in Mississauga CPC

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there, I would like to get some help from this forum about my application that is currently stuck in Mississauga.
I am a landed PR since Aug 2005. In Apr 2009, I applied to sponsor my wife and my child. My wife is here in Canada on a Visitor's Visa and henceforth we were confused whether to apply inland or outland. However since we did not intend to stay beyond the permitted date, we decided to apply outland and my wife will leave Canada as it gets close to the visa expiry date.

My sponsorship application file was received at CPC Mississauga on May 1st. They opened the file on May28 and then returned back since I had not included my option C for the last 3 years. Along with requesting this information, I was also asked all my bills for the last 6 months to prove my residency. My file was returned back on May 29th. ON June 11, I returned the application that was received by CPC on June 12.

SO far, there is nothing that has been done and I am concerned since the call center is telling me that there is no timeline for them now to act. My wife's visa is now ending and she has to leave in the next 10-15 days and I am held up thinking if I should have applied inland..

Q1.Please advise on how long this could take from some of your experiences.

Q2. And do you also think that I can apply for an extension of the temporary visa at Vegreville? What are the chances it will be approved

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they got it again on June 12, you are now at 10 weeks processing time when their average is 7 weeks. You should be hearing something from them soon. You can talk to your MP and ask him or her to request information for you because they have a more direct line of information to CIC.

You can apply for your wifes visa extension at Vegreville. I do not know the odds of getting it approved but you need to apply before her current visit visa expires. Actually, you should have applied 30 days before it expires so you should do it right now to make sure they get it before she becomes out of status. It will buy you another 3.5 months because even if you get denied, it currently takes 107 days to process a visit visa extension, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#temp_res

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon,
Thanks for your response buddy.
When I check online, it shows that we received the file you submitted on June 12. There is no further information.
When you say current processing time in 7 weeks, I think thats the first time for them to open a brand new application, Isn't it?

Since mine is a resubmission with all the additional information they had asked, do you still think I will e bound by the timeline mentioned on CIC website? When I called helpdesk, they say they cannot tell me how long its going to take...

Please advise..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
7 weeks is the average time to completely process a new application. I don't see why it would take longer to process an older application where documents have been added but who knows.