+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Indonesian spouse

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
Hi there

Has any Indonesian had an experience in being sponsored by their Canadian spouse and if yes
could you please tell me how long does it take for the PR to be processed in Singapore.
Our case is pretty simple (no children or other family, no military, police record clean, medical clean)

It has been 2 months since the notice appeared on governments site that the process has started but my
wife hasn't gotten any letter yet or phone call

I appreciate any information

Thank you very much

Hootch

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
I guess nobody around here is from Indonesia eh, maybe someone at least had
an experience with embassy in Singapore, please reply if anyone knows something

Thanx

Hootch

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hi hootch,

I'm INdonesian being sponsored by my canadian husband, and still waiting for the AOR letter from Singapore office. I found some information from the other forum that some offices do not bother in sending AOR because the timeline is pretty short for family category. however, it makes me nervous to since I should be leaving Indonesia in AUgust.

i would be happy if you could update me with your case. thanks

Catarina

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hi there,
Our application is being processed by Singapore as my wife is Thai. I was approved as a sponsor on January 4th, at which time the application was forwarded to the Singapore office. Haven't heard anything as of yet. No one likes waiting but at least she doesn't have to shovel snow!
mike

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
HI mike,

My husband was approved on Dec 5th, 07 and my file has reached Singapore ( I found out through the online service) on DEc 19th, and I haven't heard anything till now, so I think according to the processing time, it could go from 3 - 9 months to process.

Catarina

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hi Catarina,
Well, hopefully you and my wife will be quickly processed. It's very unfortunate that that the process takes so long.
Take care
mike

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
Hello everyone

I almost give up on this site since no one replied for a while.
I'm glad to see people actually commenting here.

From my side nothing has happened yet, my wifes papers are still in process since December 13 2007
and she didn't get any letter or call.

We cant wait to get some news but nothing so far.

Catarina if I get any news I will post it here ASAP you can be sure of that

Hootch

oberm2

Feb 23, 2008
Hello Mike, Catarina, and Hootch,

Thanks for this discussion. My wife (from Thailand) and I are also waiting to hear something from the Singapore office. I was approved as a sponsor on Jan. 28th, 2008, so I guess we will be the last ones after your applications are processed. I am living in Quebec, so I also need to be approved on the provincial level as well. This means we are waiting for a sign from 2 places. We will be keeping a close eye on this discussion to see how your applications are doing. I wish you all luck and a lot of patience!

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
hi there,

just to keep our subject updated,

my file has been received since dec 19th, no AOR until now.

I emailed the singapore office to ask about submitting an additonal document, and they replied me with my file number, and saying that my file is still in the review queue.

no other news so far,

Catarina

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hey Caterina and Oberm2,
If you're like me you you looked to the CIC website and saw that 30% of Singapore office applications were completed in 3 months. I am now having doubts about that time as I read Caterina's last post. I am now resigning myself to the likely possibility that it will take much longer than I initially had hoped. Caterina, is there any information concerning the status of the PR application out of Singapore? or does it simply indicate "not available"?
Cheers
Mike

hally

Nov 23, 2007
hello catarina and hootc i am indonesian and my husband sponsoring me but i think i'm still in early stage but so happy at least some one from indonesia in this site also,my husband already sent our paper in canada already 3 weeks but he didnt recive any call from office there is it ussually like that they call u after they work with his paper or mean thats unusual??hope we can keep in touch in this site :)

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hi Hally, welcome to the club,

Mike, check out this website
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/

it's been over three months for my case, I think the maximum time line would be around 9 months according to the website. and I check my case regularly online, nothing come up other than "We started processing Catarina's papers on Dec 19th"

so, we'll see......

Hally, you can check you case online, and see whether the Mississauga's office received you papers (they usually pretty quick in approving sponsorship)

Catarina

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hi Mike & oberm2,

A friend of mine is a Canadian PR & plans to marry his Thai girlfriend in Thailand. She has an adopted child.
Would this marriage be valid in Canada, for him to sponsor his wife & her daughter ?

Thanks & Have a Nice Day !!

Mike.

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hi Mike,
The Thai marriage will be valid in Canada. Does he know about the dowry? Make sure its a registered marriage as well. A lot of Thai's get a ceremonial marriage but don't actually register it. He will have to meet income requirements to be eligible to sponsor. All that and more can be found on the CIC website.
Take care
Mike

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info. Yes, he knows about the dowry & the house for the parents. Could you throw some light on "income requirements" ? Can't seem to find it on the CIC site.
Thanks,
Mike