+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Child born after getting Visa buy before landing.

BJ

Jan 24, 2005
NYC
Q for PMM. My son was born after I recieved PR Visa for myself & my wife but we plan to land in Nov-Dec2006. He is a US Citizen as we are the USA these days, please advise how to go about sponsoring him, should we start the process now while we are in the US or ?? , also I got my PR Visa as a SW.
How much time will it take & will he have Medical Coverage after Landing in Cananda.

Would appreciate your insight into this,

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BJ said:
Q for PMM. My son was born after I recieved PR Visa for myself & my wife but we plan to land in Nov-Dec2006. He is a US Citizen as we are the USA these days, please advise how to go about sponsoring him, should we start the process now while we are in the US or ?? , also I got my PR Visa as a SW.
How much time will it take & will he have Medical Coverage after Landing in Cananda.

Would appreciate your insight into this,

Thank you.
1. Immediately contact the visa issuing office, since if you read the instructions that came with the copr about a change in family composition must be reported. Include the application for the child, the ammended copy of your application, copies of the birth certificate and the passport as well as the processing fee.
2. If you land without the child being "examined" then you have a large problem since the child will not be a member of the family class and can only be processed under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. You also put your PR status in jeporady.
3. It depends on the province where you settle as to eligbility for medical, most have a 3 month waiting period.

PMM

BJ

Jan 24, 2005
NYC
Question for PMM (or anyone else in the same situation)
I will be landing in Ontario from Buffalo, would you please explain what do you mean by "You also put your PR status in jeporady." & at the same time you write the Case will be processed under Humanitarian & Compasionate Grounds.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BJ said:
Question for PMM (or anyone else in the same situation)
I will be landing in Ontario from Buffalo, would you please explain what do you mean by "You also put your PR status in jeporady." & at the same time you write the Case will be processed under Humanitarian & Compasionate Grounds.

Thank you.
If a PR has a child outside Canada, and if the child gets to Canada then the application is processed under H.& C grounds. The OP was NOT a PR therefore if S/he lands without having the child examined or declared,then s/he obtained landing by misrepresentation. All the information that comes with you application, states that you must inform the CHC if there has been a change in family composition.

PMM

BJ

Jan 24, 2005
NYC
Question for PMM.

What do you me by "OP" when you say "

The OP was NOT a PR therefore if S/he lands without having the child examined or declared,then s/he obtained landing by misrepresentation."

Also what do you think about the chances of H&C application in this case if I submitt it after getting my PR Card in ON. Since my baby is only 1 month old & is a US Citizen & was born after I got the PR visa Stamp but before I landed.

Thankyou.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BJ said:
Question for PMM.

What do you me by "OP" when you say "

The OP was NOT a PR therefore if S/he lands without having the child examined or declared,then s/he obtained landing by misrepresentation."

Also what do you think about the chances of H&C application in this case if I submitt it after getting my PR Card in ON. Since my baby is only 1 month old & is a US Citizen & was born after I got the PR visa Stamp but before I landed.

Thankyou.
Deep trouble possibly, if you don't follow the rules, you could end up going home.

PMM

BJ

Jan 24, 2005
NYC
Re: Sponsoring Child born after getting Visa buy before landing.Question for PMM

Question for PMM

Thankyou for your reply.

Do you have any idea how long would it take? Is it like adding one more family member to the application or will I have to apply all over again?? A prompt reply would be appreciated?

Thank you.

BJ

Jan 24, 2005
NYC
Question for PMM (or anyone else with the same situation)
Thankyou for your earlier replies.

How much time will Buffalo take to add my baby over to the application or is there a chance that they might ask me to apply all over again?

I would appreciate your response, Thankyou.