+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will leave Canada while processing PR application

h1127j

Mar 21, 2018
I am a Canadian Citizen since 2013 who is going to sponsor my husband. My husband has lived in Canada since 2006 as a student. We married in May 2017 and living together right now in Canada. We are going to graduate in this June.

I got a full-time return job offer from a company in the US that I have interned previously. I will start working in August.

I have a property in Canada with our names and mother-in-law and I have a sufficient amount of money in the bank account in Canada.
We are going to apply for a PR under the Family Class. (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class).

We are planning to submit the following as evidence of intent to return to Canada upon the PR approval:
- Property document with our names and mother in law
- Bank account document
- The letter explaining that I accepted this offer because it was the only job offer at the time and I needed income to sponsor my spouse.
- A proof that we have our furniture, appliances and some winter clothes on our property so that we can come back and live in our property as soon as we get PR.
- A proof that we can move out from US apartment if we give a notice to leasing office before 20 days.
- A letter explaining how we will live in Canada and why we must come back to Canada (Ex. I want to get pregnant and raise our child in Canada)
- A letter explaining why we must proceed with our application at this moment because my husband's home country requirement may force him back to his country if we delay our application. (There is nothing illegal involved)

Any thoughts or suggestions for our successful application submission?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I am a Canadian Citizen since 2013 who is going to sponsor my husband. My husband has lived in Canada since 2006 as a student. We married in May 2017 and living together right now in Canada. We are going to graduate in this June.

I got a full-time return job offer from a company in the US that I have interned previously. I will start working in August.

I have a property in Canada with our names and mother-in-law and I have a sufficient amount of money in the bank account in Canada.
We are going to apply for a PR under the Family Class. (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class).

We are planning to submit the following as evidence of intent to return to Canada upon the PR approval:
- Property document with our names and mother in law
- Bank account document
- The letter explaining that I accepted this offer because it was the only job offer at the time and I needed income to sponsor my spouse.
- A proof that we have our furniture, appliances and some winter clothes on our property so that we can come back and live in our property as soon as we get PR.
- A proof that we can move out from US apartment if we give a notice to leasing office before 20 days.
- A letter explaining how we will live in Canada and why we must come back to Canada (Ex. I want to get pregnant and raise our child in Canada)
- A letter explaining why we must proceed with our application at this moment because my husband's home country requirement may force him back to his country if we delay our application. (There is nothing illegal involved)

Any thoughts or suggestions for our successful application submission?
Sounds like a good start. Some further reading on the subject here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#Item_2:_How_do_I_prove_I_intend_to_return_to_Canada.3F