+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponser living outside of Canada - how do I prove I will come back?

gavin

Dec 18, 2006
Hi,

My wife and I have always lived outside of Canada (from when we met), and now we would like to move to Canada. I see in the "Sponsor Questionnaire" form #5540, question 10 "Are you currently living in Canada", that you can answer no, and then you have to provide proof of returning.

My problem is that all the options given are not applicable to me at this point in time (i.e., I can´t realistically get a job this far in advance, we can´t buy a new home until we sell our current home, and I don´t have plans to return to school, etc.).

Are any of the following good enough to submit:

- name of the real estate agent we have met and communicate with for the last 6 months about the area we want to move to

- name of the placement agency person I have contacted regarding jobs in the future

- our savings directed at moving (would it help to send this to a Canadian bank?)

- letter from our bank here regarding how much we owe on our house / letter from our real estate here saying how much our house is worth now

Thanks for any help!

istonish

Feb 5, 2007
DO you know someone who can offer you a job in canada. Ask him or her to send you a confirmation letter that he or she can hire you when you arrive in canada. You dont have to work for that company at all if you have funds to live till you get a decent job.

Rick