+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

abdullah4008

Jan 19, 2024
I had applied for my SOWP back in june 2023 and it got rejected. Now I will be applying again so my question is:
1. Do I have to add any additional documents or forms due to the refusal? (Given that i attached everything required the first time)
2. I had applied from India but I was working in UAE. Does that affect the application? (I now plan to apply from UAE itself, rather than India)

The reasons given:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

I applied for dependent notes twice but never received them.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you

Hongtato

Jan 20, 2024
Hello sir!

I just got my AOR letter and I'm applying for SOWP for my wife.

the exact title is
Family members of WP holders who are Economic Class PR applicants or chosen by a province [R205(c)(ii) – C49] – Canadian interest - IMP

Reading the eligibility for this, I got confused. It says

The principal foreign national must:
ㅇbe authorized to work in Canada by reason of

• a valid work permit issued or provisionally approved (i.e., the letter of introduction has been issued) for the reason that the applicant applied for permanent residence (PR) in an Economic class and met certain requirements of that class.
Does this mean that I have to apply for BOWP first? Because I have working holiday visa(c21) now.

Thank you so much.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My employer has filed an internal transfer CWP from India. I'd been waiting since September and till date it's only the BGC status shows under process.

Is there anyone else who applied for a WP and had been waiting since then or before ? Is it a normal thing ?

Any reply or help will be appreciated.

Regards
CK

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
NOC A SOWP APPLICATION FROM THE UK (EXPECTED PROCESSING TIME:40WEEKS)

Application submitted : DEC 20, 2023
UPFRONT Medicals done and sent to IRCC: JAN 4, 2024
Medical request letter:JAN 18TH
Eligibility completed: Jan 18th
Medical updated on GC key : Jan 23rd
BVL and PPR: Jan 24th
Background check : in progress.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING WITH GOD!!!

Last edited:

Logeswari R N

Jan 24, 2024
Hi I’m on closed work permit, SOWP application submitted for my husband and study permit application submitted for my 5 year old son on December 14th 2023, Biometrics completed on December 27th, 2023. Anybody in the same situation? What’s the timeline for PPR?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I’m on closed work permit, SOWP application submitted for my husband and study permit application submitted for my 5 year old son on December 14th 2023, Biometrics completed on December 27th, 2023. Anybody in the same situation? What’s the timeline for PPR?
Where are they living. That decides processing time.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My employer has filed an internal transfer CWP from India. I'd been waiting since September and till date it's only the BGC status shows under process.

Is there anyone else who applied for a WP and had been waiting since then or before ? Is it a normal thing ?

Any reply or help will be appreciated.

Regards
CK

TimBit

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Mexico
Visa Office......
Mexico
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hello, I applied today for SOWP and restoration of status because my first application was denied due to the noc of my spouse.

The problem is that, by mistake, we entered the wrong UCI and the last name too.

I am freaking out because in the portal shows the wrong name and UCI, and the letter i received confirming the submission of the application has the wrong name as well.

I already sent a web form asking for the correction. I included an explanation letter and screenshot of the portal, a picture of the passport.

Do you guys think that would be enough or there is anything else I should do on my end.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
Current processing for work permits is 15 weeks so well within processing times. Study permit processing is 9+ weeks.
Hello @Naturgrl

I'll be glad if you could please help me with a similar query posted above.

ICT WP filed since September end. I believe possibly 15 weeks are over too as filed from India.

Still stuck at the BGC part. What could be the reason ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello @Naturgrl

I'll be glad if you could please help me with a similar query posted above.

ICT WP filed since September end. I believe possibly 15 weeks are over too as filed from India.

Still stuck at the BGC part. What could be the reason ?
Backlog (thousands in the queue), staffing, time it takes to review each one, biometrics, medical, time to complete background checks. With the changes to study permits this week, then maybe there will be some catch up. Remember it clearly states that most are processed within the “normal” time. IRCC doesn’t say all.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
Backlog (thousands in the queue), staffing, time it takes to review each one, biometrics, medical, time to complete background checks. With the changes to study permits this week, then maybe there will be some catch up. Remember it clearly states that most are processed within the “normal” time. IRCC doesn’t say all.
Thanks for your revert, Biometrics and Medicals (Upfront) are done, status says completed, it's just stuck at BGC and eligibility in progress since long. Is there any way to check where are they stuck or how much more long will they take ? :( Maybe i am getting anxious but there are some personal reasons. I will be glad if you could show me a ray of hope. Thanks again.