+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Software Testing jobs in Canada - 2017/2018

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
How is the job market for Software testing in Canada? Any one who have got job in Software Testing (Manual or Automation) please comment.

Manual Testing opportunities for 9 years exp?

Any Advice for searching Software Testing jobs in Canada

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Any Advice for searching Software Testing jobs in Canada

Hi,

Use Indeed.ca.

Google software testing jobs in Canada. Or application testing jobs in Canada or something to that effect.

All the best

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I got a software testing job after I graduated. My co-op work term was with the same company. I have got some manual testing experience in both the UK and Ireland (software and Hardware). I got the work term myself without help from the college. I am in Newfoundland. I am now 6 months into the job and I am doing manual and automated testing now.

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
I got a software testing job after I graduated. My co-op work term was with the same company. I have got some manual testing experience in both the UK and Ireland (software and Hardware). I got the work term myself without help from the college. I am in Newfoundland. I am now 6 months into the job and I am doing manual and automated testing now.
Thanks the reply. Can you please clarify few questions:

1. How is the Job market in Canada for Manual testing as of today?
2. How long it took for you to get manual testing job in Canada?
3. Did you do any kind of Survival job as soon as you landed in Canada? How difficult is it to find Survival job?
4. Whats the average pay scale for Manual testing in Canada?
5. Also how much money is required to Survive in Canada for 1 month (including rent, tax, food and all) ?

After a long time someone has replied to my post. Thanks again.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi,

1. I don't really know what the job market is like, depends on where you want to settle. If you have automated testing experience thats better than just manual
2. I came on a study visa for 2 years. After that I got my PGWP for 3 years and I got the job right away after finishing my studies.
3. No survival job, just straight to the testing job
4. Depends on the province
5. Depends on the province

Also, remember google is your friend. You can easily find some stats online regarding jobs, pay scale and survival money.

Reactions: rockytg

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi,

1. I don't really know what the job market is like, depends on where you want to settle. If you have automated testing experience thats better than just manual
2. I came on a study visa for 2 years. After that I got my PGWP for 3 years and I got the job right away after finishing my studies.
3. No survival job, just straight to the testing job
4. Depends on the province
5. Depends on the province

Also, remember google is your friend. You can easily find some stats online regarding jobs, pay scale and survival money.
Thanks for the reply. Please let me know if there are any opening for Manual testing in your company.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Thanks for the reply. Please let me know if there are any opening for Manual testing in your company.
No, sorry you will have to do research for jobs on your own I'm afraid. Just remember it's hard to get an employer to hire someone that is not actually in the country. If you can, I would consider studying for a couple of years and then get a PGWP.

Barbara2

May 6, 2019
Hello
Did you move to canada yet? If so, did you find a software testing job?
hru I woukd like to know as well please how it turned out as I am in sane situation.
Brw u have any recommendations for webs to look there? For hiring? Thx