+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing and back to US

Jul 6, 2020
All,
My spouse and I were recently able to do soft landing, complete the 14 day quarantine in Canada and return to US to our jobs after the new EO announced by the US administration.
We had valid and stamped visas in our passports so the process was very smooth coming back. Let us know if you have questions!

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh

Deeds189

May 14, 2019
Did you land by road or by airplane. What Port of Entry did you use? Where did you land? Is your spouse on H4?

Jvemuri

Jul 30, 2018
All,
My spouse and I were recently able to do soft landing, complete the 14 day quarantine in Canada and return to US to our jobs after the new EO announced by the US administration.
We had valid and stamped visas in our passports so the process was very smooth coming back. Let us know if you have questions!
May I know your COPR Date? Can you also explain in detail how you did soft landing? Do you know how you can get a PR card?

Jvemuri

Jul 30, 2018
Did you land by road or by airplane. What Port of Entry did you use? Where did you land? Is your spouse on H4?
I have same questions. My spouse is in India and has COPR dated 17Mar, but I have COPR dated 01Apr and I am in the USA. I have a valid H1B visa stamped. Can I go to Canada for a landing?

Jul 6, 2020
@Deeds189 we did our landing by air. We landed at Vancouver International Airport. My spouse is also on H1B
@Jvemuri my COPR date was Jan 31st 2020. We landed at YVR as mentioned above, completed the mandatory quarantine in an AirBnB and traveled back to US. For PR card we gave a friend's address who lives in Vancouver. As far as I know the folks who are exempt from travel restrictions are those who got their COPR before March 18. You may have to call IRCC or submit a webform to find out if you can land with a COPR date of April 1st.

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
I have same questions. My spouse is in India and has COPR dated 17Mar, but I have COPR dated 01Apr and I am in the USA. I have a valid H1B visa stamped. Can I go to Canada for a landing?
I did read on this forum, someone did a landing by land with COPR after 18th March.