Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Just when I think I have all the answers to this immigration thing, the IO sends us another email requesting more info! Seriously, we've been getting an email about every 2 weeks from them.

This is the email we received today:

Dear applicant,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada at our office. Before your file can be further processed, we require the following:

- Evidence to prove that your sponsor has returned to Canada to re-establish residency.
- If your sponsor has not returned to Canada, please provide the intended address in Canada in wich you and your sponsor plan to live upon your return to Canada.
- Please provide details of your plans to re-establish in Canada.
- Provide proof of your intention to re-establish in Canada. You may wish to submit copy of the following documents: job offer, property rental agreement, property deed, employment contract, mortgage on property, etc. )

Please note that you have 20 days from the date of this letter to present the documents requested. Upon receipt of the above, we will continue the processing of the application. Should you fail to respond within the time frames stipulated, the application will be assessed on the evidence available on file. This may result in the refusal of the application.
In the event that the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application was filed. Please quote the file number on all correspondence.
Regards,

Immigration Section / Section d'immigration (MRH)
Canadian Embassy / Ambassade du Canada
Shiller 529 Col.Bosques de Chapultepec
11580, Mexico D.F
Fax: 00 52 (55) 5724 7983

I'm quite certain this has been a discussion already, but honestly, how can they expect us to line up a job offer and/or a house if we don't even know when this process will be over? Do they want me to go ahead and settle in Canada and wait for my partner? If we're fortunate enough to not have to be apart during this process, why would we? We have obligations here which include a job commitment and a lease until January. If I keep my commitment to my job, then it's very likely I can transfer to a new hotel they're opening in Vancouver at the new year. If it doesn't work out, then we'll go to Toronto and stay with my aunt until we find an apartment. Can I explain this in a letter or will it even do any good?

Anyway, some insight would be awesome. As always, thank you all for your wisdom and help!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
most people get by just fine in these cases with a letter from a family member stating they will take you in and help you out until you get on your feet... not sure if it's necessary, but it'd likely be more official if you get the letter notorized...

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Well we had originally included one from my aunt. But I wonder if any parts of our application were lost/misplaced during the transfer from the Buffalo office to Mexico City...

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
That's always possible, or it's possible that they're wanting more than that. It's difficult to tell because they never seem to explain why they're asking for what they're asking for - they just tell you to send stuff. You obviously are aware of the requirement that you demonstrate that you plan to re-settle in Canada - they don't want sponsors to send family members to Canada and not come with them to support them. That might cause them to have to apply for social assistance. So, whatever you can send to them, send it. If you have correspondence, maybe, about the job transfer to a hotel in Vancouver, etc. Or communications between you and a realtor showing that you're researching properties, etc. We all know it's ridiculous to try to establish a life in Canada when you're still overseas and you have absolutely no timeline for when to expect a move . . . you could wait months and months and finally get approved and only have a month to get your partner landed. But CIC doesn't care about that - what they want is assurances that you are coming to Canada with your partner when PR is finally approved. It's a miracle that anybody trying to live a normal, real life can ever figure out how to prove something so obscure . . . but that's immigrating to Canada.

I know this is probably not terribly helpful - I'm just becoming jaded after 3 years and two months of this nightmare.

I

iarblue

Some other things that may help are do some inquireies of appartments, see if these places can email you the app for the lease, you dont have to fill it out just to show you are looking same for appartments. Look in the papers over here online for jobs he could possibly fill, do up his resume and the title page to the place he sent the resume,just to show your looking, its obvious to you that employers over here are not going to send a reply saying sure,(but they may lol) but if you just show you sent them.
Copy it all and send it off.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Explain your plans in detail in a letter, get another letter from your aunt, get a letter from your boss or someone at work saying you can transfer to the hotel in VAncouver - maybe talk to someone at work about this and try to get a firm offer.