+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled worker with CSQ - how long after medicals can I expect my PR card?

Flobe

Feb 8, 2021
Repost from the skilled worker tread - hoping to get more answers here ;)

Hi all, I am working for about 4 years in Québec (small town close to Montréal). I obtained my CSQ about a year ago. 2 Weeks ago I did my medicals in Montréal. No news yet. Is that a good sign? Does anyone have a guess how much longer my PR card approval in the skilled worker class (university professor) will take? My work permit expires in August so I'm quite nervous about this... thank you all for even the shortest of answers.

mrpollo

Sep 17, 2020
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
20-05-2019
AOR Received.
31-07-2019
Med's Request
18-01-2021
Med's Done....
02-02-2021
Hello Flobe,

Regarding the medical question is: did you receive the status update that you passed medical? in my case took around 7 business days (10 days if you include weekends). (recall that someone in the medical center mention that on average you should have this status change around 2 weeks)

if not probably you can try to call CIC/Hospital to verify if they submit/receive.

If that not the case (if you have the medical passed status), there is not much news before a CoPR, there is a status change about Decision Made that you could see in Ecas (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en) but CIC do not sent a message regarding this and between DM and CoPR time could vary.

Anyway hope this information help you!

Flobe

Feb 8, 2021
Hi,

Thank you SO MUCH for your response. Its been 11 working days today since I did the medicals. Today the status changed to "You passed the medical exam" :) Do you think I am now looking at some weeks or rather a few months until I get the CoPR?

Last edited:

mrpollo

Sep 17, 2020
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
20-05-2019
AOR Received.
31-07-2019
Med's Request
18-01-2021
Med's Done....
02-02-2021
Really can’t tell, should be soon (in my case exactly 1 week and half after passed exam message receive copr)

but reading the post in this subsection (federal stage one) you can see people with different timeline.

best of luck and hope you receive your pr soon!

Flobe

Feb 8, 2021
Thanks souch for sharing your experience - did you get an automated email from the platform once you received the copr or was it initially just a status change?

chk

May 4, 2019
Hi,

Thank you SO MUCH for your response. Its been 11 working days today since I did the medicals. Today the status changed to "You passed the medical exam" :) Do you think I am now looking at some weeks or rather a few months until I get the CoPR?
Hi! Have you received any updates since then?

chk

May 4, 2019
Yes, I got my COPR email about a week ago. Just send in my photo.
Congrats!
I know you are in Canada now. Do you know maybe how much time do they give you aproximately before CORP or PR visa expires for those who need to come to Canada?