+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled immigrants on desperate hunt for jobs in Quebec

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/i-didn-t-come-here-to-live-this-kind-of-life-skilled-immigrants-on-their-desperate-hunt-for-jobs-in-quebec-1.4833739

This man came Quebec to have good life and only willing to work in his field, BUT FAILED.

His condition proves and arise question on Canada's Immigration Credibility. If you have high CRS score no matters your field job exists OR not??

Most of skilled immigrant workers are doing jobs of driving, cleaning toilets, elderly care giving etc. ?? There are 2 out of 100 who are interested to work in their field and rest only wants Permanent Residency by anyhow.

This situation is not in Quebec but most of the provinces. Quebec has 90000 unfilled positions, but they intake with high CRS Score no matters it can fill those positions or not.. What is the use of migrating people with high CRS Scores if they can't filled positions??

IS THIS CANADIAN LIFE?

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Someone in the comments said that the labor shortage is actually for low paying minimum wage jobs. I don't know if this is true, but I'm very curious.

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
I think so you are true. Labor shortage is for low paying and low class jobs I believe. It's all dramatic to show world of skilled labor shortage. I found an Architect also who got PR 3 years ago and never get a job in his field??

So what is use of doing study in your field?? Its a fact 90% immigrated people are not doing jobs in their field.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
I remember last year, when all the asylum seekers from Haiti came, that there was a lot of them getting work permits to work in pig slaughter factories. There is a big shortage of workers for that and farms too. Here's an article about that. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-companies-look-to-asylum-seekers-to-help-fill-labour-shortages-1.4447093

However, a lot of people apply to immigrate to Canada already with a job, and usually a skilled job. This article I have linked says it is both skilled AND unskilled jobs that need to be filled.

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Yes I read. But do this applies to those who comes Canada to meet their family member on tourist visa.

As one of my known saying he will go Canada soon on tourist as his brother in Law has PR. He will get his son admission to school their and further will get convert tourist visa to work permit. Therefore after will get PR easily?

Is this trick applies in Canada? If like this people are getting easily into Canada and get jobs. What is use of us who applied in Express Entry and waiting from long time? NO?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Yes I read. But do this applies to those who comes Canada to meet their family member on tourist visa.

As one of my known saying he will go Canada soon on tourist as his brother in Law has PR. He will get his son admission to school their and further will get convert tourist visa to work permit. Therefore after will get PR easily?

Is this trick applies in Canada? If like this people are getting easily into Canada and get jobs. What is use of us who applied in Express Entry and waiting from long time? NO?
People have right to imagine anything (converting tourist visa to work etc...Etc) but the reality is : Lot of hard work, patience and luck is needed to land up with a job in one's domain in Canada. It's more difficult for overseas candidates. Exception is IT jobs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think so you are true. Labor shortage is for low paying and low class jobs I believe. It's all dramatic to show world of skilled labor shortage. I found an Architect also who got PR 3 years ago and never get a job in his field??

So what is use of doing study in your field?? Its a fact 90% immigrated people are not doing jobs in their field.
Most architecture graduates in Canada have problems getting jobs these days. Has a lot to do with the change in the industry and computer programs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The father better be prepared to pay international fees and be asked for a student visa because his child has no right to education or healthcare. That family should do more research. Unfortunately there is no consistencies between schools so employers have a hard time trusting many international credentials. I am sure many are very qualified but many schools allow students to pass with a bit convincing.

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
How a father get student Visa? Do fathers also get student visa being on tourist Visa?? But how he so confident and saying I go on tourist Visa and there find a job to get work permit and after it will apply from there for PR?

If like this happens why we all in Express Entry and give IELTS to score minimum 6 each. As being in Canada you have to score less bands which is his motive because he can't pass 6 each band.