+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipping car to Canada

toronto2010

Nov 30, 2009
Hello everyone,

I am moving to Saskatchewan in 3 weeks. I got a job and my employer is paying my travel expenses. I am a landed immigrant and registered my car in Ontario last year. I am planning to fly to Saskatchewan and take all my belongings with me. I know i'll be paying for extra bags at the airport. But my main question is how can I ship my car from the US to Canada? Can you recommend any companies that ship cars?

thank you for all your suggestions.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

toronto2010 said:
Hello everyone,

I am moving to Saskatchewan in 3 weeks. I got a job and my employer is paying my travel expenses. I am a landed immigrant and registered my car in Ontario last year. I am planning to fly to Saskatchewan and take all my belongings with me. I know i'll be paying for extra bags at the airport. But my main question is how can I ship my car from the US to Canada? Can you recommend any companies that ship cars?

thank you for all your suggestions.
Probably the cheapest and easiest is Drive away http://www.canadadriveaway.com/

PMM

toronto2010

Nov 30, 2009
Thank you so much for the info, PMM. Have you used this company's services? Are they reliable?

I checked their website and emailed them for a quote. let's see what they say.

I also received a quote from US Canada AutoTransport; they are asking $1720 to ship my car from Kentucky to Saskatchewan. and they ship only the car itself with no belongings in the truck.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

toronto2010 said:
Thank you so much for the info, PMM. Have you used this company's services? Are they reliable?

I checked their website and emailed them for a quote. let's see what they say.

I also received a quote from US Canada AutoTransport; they are asking $1720 to ship my car from Kentucky to Saskatchewan. and they ship only the car itself with no belongings in the truck.
Never used them, but a lot of Canadians use them to transport their cars from Toronto to Florida in the winter and back in the spring. The Toronto office has been in business for 50 years.

PMM

toronto2010

Nov 30, 2009
Thanks again for your prompt reply, PMM. I am moving to Saskatchewan, hopefully they provide services outside of Toronto. I called and left a message, let's see if they return my call.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Shipping a car from the U.S. to Canada can be big bucks. You can see if you can have it shipped to a town on the U.S. side of the border and pick it up there. Some local businesses in the U.S. towns on the border run a package service for Canadians. Some even accept vehicles. It might be cheaper......

toronto2010

Nov 30, 2009
Canada Driveaway contacted me back with the quote $950 CD. they told me i can pay the deposit and pay the rest upon receiving my car. the only minor problem was that they might not be able to deliver my car on my desired day, but promised to do their best to meet my schedule.

Now, since i've never shipped my car before, i wanted to be sure that this is a reliable company. PMM; i trust your judgement and so far CanadaDriveaway is offering me the best deal. but i was hoping that somebody on this forum has a personal experience with this company. Please share your experience if you have any

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep in mind that "Driveaway" is quite different from a car shipping/transporting company. They actually drive your car across the continent, as opposed to transporting it by a truck or something. So, a lot depends on the individual driving your car.

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I haven't used their service (nor do I know anyone who has used their service). Please keep the forum posted on your choice.

khanm777

Star Member
Feb 19, 2009
I used US Canada AutoTransport and they were the best in the service since i shipped my SUV from San Francisco to Brampton. I paid $1500 and it was money well spent. They was no service failure at all.

toronto2010

Nov 30, 2009
I did contact US Canada Auto Transport; they are asking $1720 to ship my camry 1997. I thought it was way too expensive. I need to make my decision soon.