+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share you timeline for getting eCoPR/PR card approved in PR Confirmation Portal

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
8 years in Canada struggled really hard. I really need to go back because my mother diagnosed with cancer. I wished I get my PR soon so I can go and see my mom.
then what is your status in canada for the past 8 years?? Cant you go back to your own country with your country passport plus the travel document.?

iswari

Dec 29, 2023
then what is your status in canada for the past 8 years?? Cant you go back to your own country with your country passport plus the travel document.?
My visa was expired last November. I was expecting my PR by December end. Unfortunately, nothing yet. If I apply for visa it's gonna take time and also I heard I'm not allowed to leave Canada since I declared taht I'm in Canada. So...

iswari

Dec 29, 2023
I came here as student did my 4 years and I had to do additional course for a year but CoVid happened and took longer. And did worked for 2 3/4 years.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
I came here as student did my 4 years and I had to do additional course for a year but CoVid happened and took longer. And did worked for 2 3/4 years.
So you came here as student visa then work permit. im sure you have no problem coming here again. Try to do a follow up with the immigration or hire a immigration lawyer. they will do things much smoothly like my husband.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
My visa was expired last November. I was expecting my PR by December end. Unfortunately, nothing yet. If I apply for visa it's gonna take time and also I heard I'm not allowed to leave Canada since I declared taht I'm in Canada. So...
No you cannot leave canada since you declared that you are in canada. otherwise would messed things up and you will have to wait alot longer.

Reactions: iswari

Aamari

Feb 13, 2024
We hired a lawyer too, one of the best! And it still took 18 months. Once they have done what they need to do they don't care very much anymore, you just get to wait and wait and wait some more. We did the MP thing 3 times, (told us IRCC doesn't care about anyone) countless web forms, and phone calls to IRCC. We just received our portal access and uploaded everything the same day. Now more waiting. My husband's mother is also not well and we want to go to his home country. He had two close family member deaths in the family already and we're stuck here. You can't leave or you will not be allowed back in. This whole process is garbage! I am born and raised Canadian and sponsored my husband in an inland application. This process has left a very sour taste in my mouth. We have another fly out date and don't know if we will make that one either, will have to wait for the PR card...according to everyone here I see people waiting a month or more for eCOPR and then months for their PR card. Very discouraging....

Last edited:

Cyrus10

Feb 15, 2024
Very disappointed. Jan 17 uploaded my photo to PR portal.
No copr update until now.
Is there anything I can do?

Ji0126

Jan 2, 2024
share my timelime anyone same as my timeline? I am waiting for prtal2

VO Montreal

2023.07.05 applied
2023.11.16 AOR/Request Australia policecheck
2023.11.24 BIO/Medicalpass
2023.11.28 PAL
2023.12.30 IME again(GU)
2024.01.17 Final decision(GU)
2024.01.25 portal1

Aamari

Feb 13, 2024
VO Missisauga transferred to Etobicoke transferred to Montreal...

2022.Aug.3 applied - Medicals, biometrics, security etc all submitted with application
Waiting, waiting and more waiting......
2023.Sept.2 Pre-arrival letter
2023.Dec.19 Medicals/Security checks completed
2023.Dec.22 Decision made
2023.Dec.23 Portal 1 sent
2024.Jan.8 Replied with requested information (our lawyer was sent the portal email and didn't see it so was late sending to us) :oops:
2024.Feb.12 Portal 2 - uploaded photo and address as requested
2024.Feb.16 -WAITING AGAIN now FOR eCOPR

19 Months!!!!!

We got out MP involved twice! Both times it did move our application (only possible to do this if you are in Canada) but it's just ridiculous that the regular processing times are 10 months yet it took over 19 months and still not complete. We also need the passport back from CBSA. First they said show us the portal and we can give it back, now it's show us the eCOPR and we will give it back, but it may take 3-4 months to return your documents. You can travel without your PR with the help of the travel document but you CANNOT travel without a passport. I feel like IRCC and CBSA is just a big run around. Does it really take 19 months to process some paper work? Does it really take 3-4 months to literally sign a price of paper and hand someone their passport? NOPE!!

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
We hired a lawyer too, one of the best! And it still took 18 months. Once they have done what they need to do they don't care very much anymore, you just get to wait and wait and wait some more. We did the MP thing 3 times, (told us IRCC doesn't care about anyone) countless web forms, and phone calls to IRCC. We just received our portal access and uploaded everything the same day. Now more waiting. My husband's mother is also not well and we want to go to his home country. He had two close family member deaths in the family already and we're stuck here. You can't leave or you will not be allowed back in. This whole process is garbage! I am born and raised Canadian and sponsored my husband in an inland application. This process has left a very sour taste in my mouth. We have another fly out date and don't know if we will make that one either, will have to wait for the PR card...according to everyone here I see people waiting a month or more for eCOPR and then months for their PR card. Very discouraging....
Just be patient. thank god our lawyer was good. only 10 months my husband is here. now hes already working with his SIN card. but its been 8 weeks we still havent recieved the PR physical card in the mail.

Aamari

Feb 13, 2024
UPDATE! Got my husband's PR card today! ecoPR received on March 1st. The card was processed through Sydney NS. Our last Office was Montreal. On the Portal, it still says "in review with IRCC" for both photo and address. In the tracker, the last update was March 4th, when it was closed and nothing has changed since then...I checked every day multiple times like a lunatic! Maybe someone in IRCC decided to cut us some slack, if that it the case THANK YOU.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
UPDATE! Got my husband's PR card today! ecoPR received on March 1st. The card was processed through Sydney NS. Our last Office was Montreal. On the Portal, it still says "in review with IRCC" for both photo and address. In the tracker, the last update was March 4th, when it was closed and nothing has changed since then...I checked every day multiple times like a lunatic! Maybe someone in IRCC decided to cut us some slack, if that it the case THANK YOU.
well congrats. you are lucky that was fast.. my husband have his copr on december 28th until now still waiting for his pr card. his portal always say in "pictures in review with IRCC" for 3 months now. We went to see our MP and he contacted IRCC and told us to send the Solemn Declaration forms which we already did. if havent recieved your pr after 6 weeks after you're recieved your copr.
now you can travel to your husband's country to visit his mother.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
Guess what?? Good New. My husband recieved his PR CARD yesterday. finally!! yayyy. we been checking the mail box everyday and the MP already told us they mailed it out to us on March 14th which is last thursday and yesterday March 21th we recieved it. its from Etobicoke office. took 1 week to arrived. anyway the wait is over. Just make it on time we are planing to go back to his country in 2 weeks. and the portal still say Picture in review with IRCC so rediculous.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
Guess what?? Good New. My husband recieved his PR CARD yesterday. finally!! yayyy. we been checking the mail box everyday and the MP already told us they mailed it out to us on March 14th which is last thursday and yesterday March 21th we recieved it. its from Etobicoke office. took 1 week to arrived. anyway the wait is over. Just make it on time we are planing to go back to his country in 2 weeks. and the portal still say Picture in review with IRCC so rediculous.
have his copr on December 28th,2023 and PR card on March 21th, 2024