+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

settlement money issue

skdhunna

Jan 31, 2009
I wanted to apply as a skilled professional worker, I have a family of 4 persons (spouse and two kids), and I have mentioned all family members detail in the application.

My query is, in the “Settlement” do I have to mention all the 4 persons “settlement” money or only principal applicant can show the “settlement” money, I have money problem, I have only one person money. Actually my planning to apply as principal applicant and land there so that I can arrange Job and necessary amenities like house on rent then my family will join me later. I can not show 4 to 3 persons “settlement” money, as I already had mentioned I have money problem. Please advice me.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

skdhunna said:
I wanted to apply as a skilled professional worker, I have a family of 4 persons (spouse and two kids), and I have mentioned all family members detail in the application.

My query is, in the “Settlement” do I have to mention all the 4 persons “settlement” money or only principal applicant can show the “settlement” money, I have money problem, I have only one person money. Actually my planning to apply as principal applicant and land there so that I can arrange Job and necessary amenities like house on rent then my family will join me later. I can not show 4 to 3 persons “settlement” money, as I already had mentioned I have money problem. Please advice me.

You will need proof of funds for 4 people.

PMM

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Your best options would be to get a job offer from an employer in Canada, that way you may not need any proof of funds at all.

khanm777

Star Member
Feb 19, 2009
I had the same issue in regards with this. All you to do is who ever is the primary app he/she can show all funds under their name and that it. I moved 6months ago and it is the same process as before

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
khanm777 said:
I had the same issue in regards with this. All you to do is who ever is the primary app he/she can show all funds under their name and that it. I moved 6months ago and it is the same process as before
Hi khanm777
Can you explain better how and what did you do? So you only have proof of funds for one person, but they give you PR for the rest of your family too?, I didn't understand very well. Sorry.

skdhunna

Jan 31, 2009
Hi Khanm777,

Please explain the same, how can I manage the funds, as I am a principal applicant. So that I can take my family there without any problem and get a PR.

khanm777

Star Member
Feb 19, 2009
my family came with me and i showed that i was the only one with the money. When you first land they ask you question and at the same time they will ask you how much fund you have and i showed all the cashier check i had and they was no problem. For the fund it is best if the pri app shows he is the one with all the money and it is a very smooth process. Hope this helps!!

AlexAndi

Jan 28, 2009
khanm777 said:
my family came with me and i showed that i was the only one with the money. When you first land they ask you question and at the same time they will ask you how much fund you have and i showed all the cashier check i had and they was no problem. For the fund it is best if the pri app shows he is the one with all the money and it is a very smooth process. Hope this helps!!
Let me clarify: You were the one holding your money when you landed. I presumed total money you brought in was equivalent to the total amount required for 4 members, say about CAD$20,000+? Or was it about only the amount required for 1 person, about CAD$10,000+? And immigration did not ask the other members any more? Please confirm. Thanks.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
CIC could ask for proof of funds for everyone included on your application at any time in the process and you must show proof of funds when landing. This is one of the reasons it is so difficult to successfully immigrate to Canada. If you are really broke, you could try taking out a loan and putting it in the bank during the application process. Technically, the settlement funds are supposed to be "unencumbered," meaning they shouldn't be subject to a lien, attachment, garnishment, etc.