+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settle down question under PNP

winter876

Feb 25, 2009
Hello all,

I was wondering if you must settle down (live and work) in the same province, from which you immigrate under Provincial Nomination Program, or you can live anywhere you want?
For example, if you apply through Alberta under PNP, and get approved, Can you live in Vancouver after landing in Alberta? If you can, will it be a problem when you apply for citizenship after 3years?

Many thanks in advance!

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
I'd probably not be any problem, even tho under my personal point of view, I'd discourage this practice.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Flori said:
I'd probably not be any problem, even tho under my personal point of view, I'd discourage this practice.
Maybe you should read the statement that the PNP applicants have to sign? See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_4e.pdf

"I declare that my family members and I intend to reside in the province that nominated me"

PMM

C

cchabert

Well let said that you got your PR by AINP and land in Alberta and the very next day you move to Toronto, you'll need your social security card and that will come with Toronto address, then you need to paid your taxes and those will come with Toronto address and your PR card will have a Toronto address, when you receive your AINP it comes with PN Status Update form and this one you need to Fax it back to the immigration officer in Alberta, the updates are:

- Date PN landed
- Current resident and mailing address
- Current telephone number
- Current e-mail address

Also at the end of the nomination letter from the officer said:

"You will contacted to complete a questionnaire once you become PR"

So if you come to Alberta and then to Toronto it will not look good to this guys, as posted by others, their recommendation is try to live and settle for a few months, let said 6 months before moving to another city, at least you can argue that you work hard but you didn't like Alberta.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Dear Winter:
Yeah, my suggestion is, if they are offering you the opportunity to come to their province tru one of their programs, then at least try and settle in Alberta, the only thing they want is that you live and work there, but the very thing they are requiring is that you TRY, that you have the intention to live in their provice, which by the way it looks pretty good for what I've seen. Do some research and you'll find Alberta seems like a nice place to live. Other than that I'm in no position to tell you what's best for you or what to do, I've ansered merely on what I know.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Hey CC, cómo estas?
I heard the same thing about plug in your car, I see you posted a long time ago. It seems like we would need to adapt to the freezing temperatures.