Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hey Micho, congratulations! Looks like our profiles are almost identical. Both from Montreal, family of 3, applied in Sept 2020, took a test on the same day (14 May), so hopefully, my DM is coming too.
Montreal seem to be on a stand still. No oath being schedule.

Sep 1, 2020
Unless the officer said differently, please translate everything that isn't in English or French and submit all the pages ASAP.
I sent the specific pages with stamps/visas on them to the translators.

The only thing is, Italian and Spanish entry and exit visas only have the Airport name and dates on them, so there is literally nothing to translate.

I guess what they will translate is some middle eastern entry/exit stamps and some temporary visa stickers that are not in English/French

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hey everyone, i got a question here that i moved from Alberta to Ontario this month, submitted my fp on August 04, 2021 and raised webform saying i changed my address but till now my address is not updated on ecas, i tried calling ircc but I couldn’t get a hold of any. No update for fingerprint, everything is in progress moreover i didnt received any test invite yet. Should i be worried
Its taking time nowadays 4-6 weeks sometimes for changing address via online/webform. But all are online now hence you dont need to worry in changing the address immediately unless you have oath is near. If you call i think they are updating it quickly.

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Almost 2 months since Decision Made. Nothing happening :confused:
Montreal office.
Same here. Mississauga office.

Applied for PR Card renewal too. It has been 3 months. Hearing crickets there as well.

I am a nice guy. But I'd be lying if I say I am not jealous of these fucking Urgent Processing guys.

Last edited:

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014

Applied for PR Card renewal too. It has been 3 months. Hearing crickets there as well.

I am a nice guy. But I'd be lying if I say I am not jealous of these fucking Urgent Processing guys.
Why don't you apply for urgent processing?
My application for UP was denied, but I believe it shook things up a bit and maybe reminded them of my application and got me an oath date that is 5 months away (laughing crying)

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021

Completely agree. Some of these urgent processing requests are just smartly maneuvering the system at the right time. Technically most of us have these reasons and urgent processing would have applied to us as well if we would have jumped on the bandwagon at the right time.

Now looks like everyone is desperately trying urgent processing as well. Sad state of affairs, the loose guidance on urgent processing allow many to skip the line and take advantage of the system and slow down things for everyone else.

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Completely agree. Some of these urgent processing requests are just smartly maneuvering the system at the right time. Technically most of us have these reasons and urgent processing would have applied to us as well if we would have jumped on the bandwagon at the right time.

Now looks like everyone is desperately trying urgent processing as well. Sad state of affairs, the loose guidance on urgent processing allow many to skip the line and take advantage of the system and slow down things for everyone else.
I think you are blaming the wrong people here. It's IRCC who slows down things, not people who request urgent processing. Anyone who got their UP request approved must have a valid reason - a reason that is acknowledged and accepted by IRCC. That is their right, not maneuvering the system.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I think you are blaming the wrong people here. It's IRCC who slows down things, not people who request urgent processing. Anyone who got their UP request approved must have a valid reason - a reason that is acknowledged and accepted by IRCC. That is their right, not maneuvering the system.
Yup. That's exactly what I clearly explained here =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-9629189

I hate the fact that people are complaining just because they can't or they don't want to (?) apply for Urgent Processing. I don't understand why. If they have a valid reason for urgent processing, they should give it a shot. If they don't want to do that, then they shouldn't be complaining about others applying for urgent processing. This type of jealously isn't healthy :) . While it took everyone else 3 months to get nomination from OINP, it took 11 months for me. I was upset, sure but I did not complain or blame this on anyone else except OINP.

If people do a THOROUGH research of who can apply for urgent processing, they might be able to stop complaining :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/urgent-application-cases.html

Me and a few others applied for Urgent Processing and IRCC found it reasonable enough to approve the request based on their rules and criteria. So, there is nothing for others to complain about. Waiting for long periods causes frustration and I am well aware of that, I've been there myself before but that is no reason to blame your peers who got processed sooner.

I sincerely hope everyone here becomes a Canadian citizen at the earliest, as always.

Oh and earlier today, I requested information via the Access to Information Act to get some clarity on the number of approvals / backlog and other things from Jan 2021 until the date my request is processed. Details are here =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-collective-action-required-or-expect-endless-delays-years-example-of-the-effective-lobbyng-of-people-awaiting-spousal-sponsorship.697691/post-9649070

Good luck!

Last edited:

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Yup. That's exactly what I clearly explained here =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-9629189

I hate the fact that people are complaining just because they can't or they don't want to (?) apply for Urgent Processing. I don't understand why. If they have a valid reason for urgent processing, they should give it a shot. If they don't want to do that, then they shouldn't be complaining about others applying for urgent processing. This type of jealously isn't healthy :) . While it took everyone else 3 months to get nomination from OINP, it took 11 months for me. I was upset, sure but I did not complain or blame this on anyone else except OINP.

If people do a THOROUGH research of who can apply for urgent processing, they might be able to stop complaining :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/urgent-application-cases.html

Me and a few others applied for Urgent Processing and IRCC found it reasonable enough to approve the request based on their rules and criteria. So, there is nothing for others to complain about. Waiting for long periods causes frustration and I am well aware of that, I've been there myself before but that is no reason to blame your peers who got processed sooner.

I sincerely hope everyone here becomes a Canadian citizen at the earliest, as always.

Oh and earlier today, I requested information via the Access to Information Act to get some clarity on the number of approvals / backlog and other things from Jan 2021 until the date my request is processed. Details are here =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-collective-action-required-or-expect-endless-delays-years-example-of-the-effective-lobbyng-of-people-awaiting-spousal-sponsorship.697691/post-9649070

Good luck!
I am not blaming anyone man. Why would I do that? I am really happy for you. You have always helped everyone, and still helping. Though, sometimes I think why do you even open this forum now that you're a citizen already. :p

When I said I am jealous of urgent processing guys, I did not mean that people were fooling the system. I meant exactly what I wrote. That I wish my app was processing fast too. As simple as that. There is nothing 'unhealthy' about that kinda jealousy. It is like, looking at someone's car and thinking I wish I had that car too. That's it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am not blaming anyone man. Why would I do that? I am really happy for you. You have always helped everyone, and still helping. Though, sometimes I think why do you even open this forum now that you're a citizen already. :p

When I said I am jealous of urgent processing guys, I did not mean that people were fooling the system. I meant exactly what I wrote. That I wish my app was processing fast too. As simple as that. There is nothing 'unhealthy' about that kinda jealousy. It is like, looking at someone's car and thinking I wish I had that car too. That's it.
That post was not directed at you buddy :) . You've always been a contributing member here and helping other applicants and posting updates! Your post was funny, I know you didn't mean it that way!

Reactions: rajneeshv

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Did you receive an email directly from your local office? The fact that they contacted me with a passport request, does it mean that there is a chance for approval of UP?
I received a call from the local office to inform that UP and the application are both approved. For PP pages, I got an email and I responded via email but for some reason, that wasn't added to my file even after 20 days had passed. So, I submitted the PP pages again via webform and the information was then added to my file.

About the urgent processing approval, I don't know. You'll have to confirm it with IRCC call center OR IRCC local office will contact you about it.