+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi guys, sept 20 applicant here, just called ircc to ask the status of my application. The automated status message said review of eligibility hasn't initiated, no interview needed, background check is still in process. afterwards I spoke to an agent, she said that I am under normal processing period which is 12 months. I tried to ask her about how much time more it can take. All she said was give us our time, if there would be any update we will let you know, let us work on your application. I am worried now, is it normal that the review of eligibility has not started yet and back. check is still in progress?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi guys, sept 20 applicant here, just called ircc to ask the status of my application. The automated status message said review of eligibility hasn't initiated, no interview needed, background check is still in process. afterwards I spoke to an agent, she said that I am under normal processing period which is 12 months. I tried to ask her about how much time more it can take. All she said was give us our time, if there would be any update we will let you know, let us work on your application. I am worried now, is it normal that the review of eligibility has not started yet and back. check is still in progress?
It sounds like she just read your online application status to you, the same stuff you see when you log into you account. I wouldn't worry because people who already got COPR have reported none of that has yet updated in the system, so if they called and the agents just read from their online info, they would get told the exact same thing they told you.

It looks like they are working on applications between Sep. 16 and the 23rd, you are somewhere in the middle and you will probably get an update soon too

Reactions: sharmgop

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
The status "Review of Eligibility/"We are reviewing your eligibility" is confusing. It sounds like it should be something that is initiated early, or ongoing throughout the PR process, but it's actually a particular step that occurs after your background check and medicals have cleared. Once you've been deemed eligible to apply for PR, SA and AIP come.

From what I gather, the background check is a lengthy process, because IRCC sends it out for another organization (CBSA?) to execute. I think your timing sounds reasonable. You won't hit the 12-month mark until 9/20, and even then it the pandemic may cause unforseen delays. Always good to keep checking for earlier updates, though!

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
The status "Review of Eligibility/"We are reviewing your eligibility" is confusing. It sounds like it should be something that is initiated early, or ongoing throughout the PR process, but it's actually a particular step that occurs after your background check and medicals have cleared. Once you've been deemed eligible to apply for PR, SA and AIP come.

From what I gather, the background check is a lengthy process, because IRCC sends it out for another organization (CBSA?) to execute. I think your timing sounds reasonable. You won't hit the 12-month mark until 9/20, and even then it the pandemic may cause unforseen delays. Always good to keep checking for earlier updates, though!
I concur. Due to the potential confusion of these messages I made this post:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2019-inland-spousal-pr-owp.652600/post-8774185

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019

Only upon approval today did the following fields change:

Review of eligibility
  • August 11, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Background check
  • August 11, 2020 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • August 13, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019

From what I've been seeing as sept 23rd got approved and they're approving the dates close to my date which is sept20, I have been worried and curious these past few days. I have a representative. I haven't linked my application as it will remove the representative from my application. So, I use ecas to check the status of the application which doesn't include anything related to background check and review of eligibility. Thats why I called them and when they ask your application number to be typed in order to tell the status of the application and then there is usually an automated message of these three things in which it was said review of eligibility(not started), no interview and background check (still in progress).

hayleymg

Jul 7, 2020
Hey can anyone tell me how you managed to speak to someone at IRCC? I called and it says the office is closed even though its within their office hours. I need to send my marriage certificate but I can't shrink the document any further for the web form. After using the web form 5 times asking for an email or phone number, I get the same copy paste response on check resolution.... which I did ofc

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hey can anyone tell me how you managed to speak to someone at IRCC? I called and it says the office is closed even though its within their office hours. I need to send my marriage certificate but I can't shrink the document any further for the web form. After using the web form 5 times asking for an email or phone number, I get the same copy paste response on check resolution.... which I did ofc
What kind of file are you trying to submit? If you want and feel comfortable you can email it to me and I can give it a shot, i have a few editing tools. I sent mine as a PDF. I scanned the document and used www.ilovepdf.com to convert it, they also have online tools to compress the file size

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
From what I've been seeing as sept 23rd got approved and they're approving the dates close to my date which is sept20, I have been worried and curious these past few days. I have a representative. I haven't linked my application as it will remove the representative from my application. So, I use ecas to check the status of the application which doesn't include anything related to background check and review of eligibility. Thats why I called them and when they ask your application number to be typed in order to tell the status of the application and then there is usually an automated message of these three things in which it was said review of eligibility(not started), no interview and background check (still in progress).
I wouldn't be concerned. Not everyone gets approved in the exact order. My app was received Sept 18th and I have the exact same information as you (it appears in GC Key if you don't have a rep). There aren't any red flags, I haven't had any additional requests, etc. And generally, from what I've read, IRCC is unlikely to provide you any additional information until you hit the one year mark, so even if others get approved or October gets approved, you're not likely to get anywhere until after Sept 20, 2020. Some applications take longer to process for reasons no one can parse from the outside, so there's lots of reasons why someone might get their app finalized before you, even if they applied after you.

Definitely keep an eye on your e-mail for an update from your representative in the next couple of weeks, hopefully you'll get approval in a timely manner! :)

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I wouldn't be concerned. Not everyone gets approved in the exact order. My app was received Sept 18th and I have the exact same information as you (it appears in GC Key if you don't have a rep). There aren't any red flags, I haven't had any additional requests, etc. And generally, from what I've read, IRCC is unlikely to provide you any additional information until you hit the one year mark, so even if others get approved or October gets approved, you're not likely to get anywhere until after Sept 20, 2020. Some applications take longer to process for reasons no one can parse from the outside, so there's lots of reasons why someone might get their app finalized before you, even if they applied after you.

Definitely keep an eye on your e-mail for an update from your representative in the next couple of weeks, hopefully you'll get approval in a timely manner! :)
Thanks for your support .. I am looking forward for a good news.. hopefully in august.

navk2629

Sep 16, 2019
my app was received on sept 9, 2020
got COPR on August 11, 2020
COPR directly sent via email, no email or phone to ask for any info.
i wanna ask who received their COPR, how long it takes to get the PR Card?
I sent 1 photograph along with the COPR to the address on COPR.
if anyone here knows how long it is taking for the card to arrive, pls reply.

Reactions: TriniKRN

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Hello,
As I stated before, my husband got the letter stating that he is eligible to sponsor me. Within 5 min I got the letter stating:

Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family
member. You did not provide sufficient evidence of relationship/cohabitation. Please provide
additional evidence of relationship/cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored
spouse or partner is cohabiting with their sponsor.

All requested infos were provided when we first send our application Sept 16. So I resended again, but this time I included my pay sub and driver licence.

I have searched the forum and I have read that people got rejected even with all the supporting documents, so my question to you all what can I do if I get rejected???

Please any input.
Thanks