+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Bella19

Dec 14, 2018
Hi, I just want to clarify some timelines.....
I submitted my application Sept 21 2018. Medicals were approved Oct 21 2018. I saw the status bar (the CIC posted Dec 12th) and it states the application should be completed March 21 2019. So exactly when am I expected to LAND in Canada? I need to give my job notice and I am confused as I thought it was a year from the date medicals were approved. So I thought that I was expected to land around August....

Can someone please clarify. I think i have been reading too many blog posts and now my brain is twisted...

shuttlespace

Dec 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
Hi, I just want to clarify some timelines.....
I submitted my application Sept 21 2018. Medicals were approved Oct 21 2018. I saw the status bar (the CIC posted Dec 12th) and it states the application should be completed March 21 2019. So exactly when am I expected to LAND in Canada? I need to give my job notice and I am confused as I thought it was a year from the date medicals were approved. So I thought that I was expected to land around August....

Can someone please clarify. I think i have been reading too many blog posts and now my brain is twisted...
If you get your PR (I hope you do).
You will have until Oct 21 of 2019 to do the landing. So, you can do your landing in August.
But before you resign your current job, wait for your PPR. Once you get your PPR, you can put down your papers and get ready to fly. With high volume applicants, we may get our PR in Jan or later.
My AOR is Sep 28th and I am waiting just like you.

Good luck and keep us informed.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I called CIC for the first time yesterday and it was a failure.
I was connected after 40 mins to an agent.The conversation was disheartening after such a long wait.

Agent:Your AOR and mail ID
Me: Sep and my mail id
Agent:Okay,Do you know that it takes 6 months to process the applications?
Me:Yes,I do
Agent:Okay good.What do you want to know about your application?
Me:Any status update post medical?Like Eligibility,Criminality or Security?
Agent: We,CIC, did not ask you for any more documents.So,please be relaxed till 6 months and then call us if you find any delays.Is that all?
Me:Okay,can you please let me know if my file moved post medical.Just like yes or no?
Agent:Sir,you can check that information where we give status updates.Please check online(Lol)
Me:Okay
Agent:Is that all?
Me:Umm
Agent:Okay Mr.xx,Have a good day.Thank you for calling CIC.

So,all i got to know was nothing and I just wasted 1 hour.All he said was to buzz off and not to call back albeit in a polite authoritative manner.

So,I buzzed off.

I think all the calls will be handled like this from now on after the progress bar implementation.

:(:mad:
Don't feel bad. Calls after 6 months are also no better. If someone crosses 6 months and calls they give the other standard reply "20% files take longer to process. How much longer we can't say".

Reactions: Dudelebowski

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
so for me i have this message :

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

That's a screenshot

https://imgur.com/rYQABxu
Do you know why it's taking so long ?

Bella19

Dec 14, 2018
If you get your PR (I hope you do).
You will have until Oct 21 of 2019 to do the landing. So, you can do your landing in August.
But before you resign your current job, wait for your PPR. Once you get your PPR, you can put down your papers and get ready to fly. With high volume applicants, we may get our PR in Jan or later.
My AOR is Sep 28th and I am waiting just like you.

Good luck and keep us informed.
Thanks so much! Btw these forums are awesome :)

Neron

Jan 11, 2018
They show as 'Required' for me too. But under the DETAILS column they are shown as 'Provided' so I don't think we need to worry about anything in this case.

Have you found out your status by speaking to an agent so far ?
I called two weeks ago eligibility “recommended pass”

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
For Bio page: I am planning to upload the first and the last page of passport.
For eye color and height: I am planning to make a pdf file with my application no., name, DOB and other details and submit
Wow! Please don't try it. Submit EXACTLY what you were asked for. They didn't ask for your DOB and application number. They askd for eye color and height. Is your application being processed in London VO? As far as I know, once you receive this type of ADR, PPR is very close. And London VO is notorious for requesting this. A lot of Nigerian applicants get this request, so please read the instructions properly and follow it to the letter.

Reactions: jahrule

yusufali85

Dec 2, 2018
Wow! Please don't try it. Submit EXACTLY what you were asked for. They didn't ask for your DOB and application number. They askd for eye color and height. Is your application being processed in London VO? As far as I know, once you receive this type of ADR, PPR is very close. And London VO is notorious for requesting this. A lot of Nigerian applicants get this request, so please read the instructions properly and follow it to the letter.
That is a fair point. I was thinking to add my application number, name, passport number and DOB in addition to eye color and height so that they have a reference.

I am not sure what my VO is? How can i find out? I am Indian applying from Dubai.

yusufali85

Dec 2, 2018
That is a fair point. I was thinking to add my application number, name, passport number and DOB in addition to eye color and height so that they have a reference.

I am not sure what my VO is? How can i find out? I am Indian applying from Dubai.
You are right. My VO may be London. It says IRCC London on my letter for ADR.

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
I am able to see a progress bar :) Though it's not as useful.
https://imgur.com/a/9FvaMXA
Hi,
u have the exact days as mine :)
same ITA, AOR, & MEP dates did you take your IELTS on 3 March 2018 too? ;)
but your bar is green mine is not hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D:D:D:D
I heard a silly idea when it's green, ur PPR is in the corne, this is stupid but lets just wait & see:):):)
Good Luck

Reactions: Nishita.Kulkarni