+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self employed person , need advise from experts

immhope

Jun 17, 2011
Hi to everyone , I'm very interested to immigrate to Canada as a self employed person , I have maintained myself for two years in the last five years selling my art work ( I'm a sculptor even if not a famous one ) and I indend to do the same in Canada , I have no problems with the points and have enough founds to settle and to begin my activity there . I read several times all the material about self employed person on the CIC , the OP8 , all the posts I could find on this forum and other material on the web .
I wanted to know if this is a very difficult class or if I should not have problems to qualify and I wanted to ask what kind of documents or material I will need to show : a portfolio , declarations from my customers about what they bought , bank statements about my founds to settle ...
Thanks to everyone for reading and answering

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Hello,

I am in a similar situation, as my partner has worked freelance in video creating and editing. Did you get any news/apply? I hope things are going well.

Anna

Accentaigu

Sep 15, 2011
Hello All!

I'm going to apply under the SE program next week. It looks like the procedure may differ from office to office. Here in my country the Visa Office lets to send the full application right now... They don't encourage people to apply under the simplified process as that is described on CIC's website.

I know (virtually) one person who has successfully immigrated under this program. She runs her blog (unfortunately only in Russian). Her process wasn't very difficult and took a bit over 2 years. However, I am not sure that my process will be so easy... Since 2008 when she applied many things have changed and there is a huge backlog in our Visa Office.

I will be very glad to stay in touch with all of you who either have already applied as SE persons or just intend to start the process!!!

PS. I am a journalist, translator and editor working remotely from my home.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I applied in 2005, still waiting. last thing Damascus office told me is that skille dworker applications are given priority ofe rself employed applications "following minsterial instructions"
I regretted applying as SE, people who applied at the same time as me already received medical.

Accentaigu

Sep 15, 2011
Hello, thank you for your answer!

It's a pity to hear that. But have they at least requested your full application? Did you apply under the simplified process (where the first step is to pay fees and fill the application form - without providing any suppporting dociments)?

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
immhope said:
Hi to everyone , I'm very interested to immigrate to Canada as a self employed person , I have maintained myself for two years in the last five years selling my art work ( I'm a sculptor even if not a famous one ) and I indend to do the same in Canada , I have no problems with the points and have enough founds to settle and to begin my activity there . I read several times all the material about self employed person on the CIC , the OP8 , all the posts I could find on this forum and other material on the web .
I wanted to know if this is a very difficult class or if I should not have problems to qualify and I wanted to ask what kind of documents or material I will need to show : a portfolio , declarations from my customers about what they bought , bank statements about my founds to settle ...
Thanks to everyone for reading and answering
We went in under the self-employed class. We did indeed have to show 3 years of financial statements documenting the income from self employment, as well as portfolio items. We did not need to provide recommendations or declarations, but some of our work is sold all over Canada and our names are clearly visible on it, so we suspect that served as a sufficient replacement for the customer declarations. We also have substantial funds for settlement.

Bear in mind that only 1/10 of 1% of PR visas are in the Self-Employed class, so while it may have gone ok for us (perhaps because we have high visibility and good funding), it may be a very difficult class to qualify under in general.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
approval is 50% IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES AND CLOSE TO 90% IN DEVEloped ones.
(sorry for the caps)

winter

Feb 24, 2012
Accentaigu said:
Hello All!

I'm going to apply under the SE program next week. It looks like the procedure may differ from office to office. Here in my country the Visa Office lets to send the full application right now... They don't encourage people to apply under the simplified process as that is described on CIC's website.

I know (virtually) one person who has successfully immigrated under this program. She runs her blog (unfortunately only in Russian). Her process wasn't very difficult and took a bit over 2 years. However, I am not sure that my process will be so easy... Since 2008 when she applied many things have changed and there is a huge backlog in our Visa Office.

I will be very glad to stay in touch with all of you who either have already applied as SE persons or just intend to start the process!!!

PS. I am a journalist, translator and editor working remotely from my home.
Hi Accentaigu! I'm new to this forum and while looking for posts regarding self-employed application, I stumbled upon yours. Have you pursued your application? How is it going so far? My papers are ready to be submitted but I'm still having second thoughts. I've heard so much about slow processing in this category. I hope you can share the status of your application at least to have an idea of how they are with regards to processing.

Hope to hear from you...thanks!

Sawsan Khalil

Jul 17, 2012
Hi to everyone ,

I'm very interested to immigrate to Canada with my husband and my two kids. I am a Syrian citizen and own the Syrian nationality. I am working in Food & Agriculture Organization for the United Nations (FAO) in Syria till present, but due to the current political situation I indend plan to go to Canada to work their.

I have no problems with the points and have enough founds to settle and to begin my activity there . I want to apply through an official form in order to mention all the needed details and required information related to my above request, and I need to know if it is right to apply through this category or not.

Kindly I would like to ask what kind of documents or materials I will need to prepare accordingly.

Your consideration and prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to everyone for reading and answering.

Regards

Sawsan Khalil (Mrs.)

PS: please reply to my e-mail: lianakaram2002@hotmail.com OR: sawsan.khalil@fao.org

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I just met my MP yesterday to ask him to help me with my self employed application, his staff told me that this is the hardest category to get approved on and applications in Ottawa which is the fastest location for processing might take up to 4 years easy, she advised I get employed and apply for CEC after one year (seems the CEC will only require 1 year of experience soon)
note that I am on a temporary self employed permit in Canada for 18 months now, a Consul gavr it to me due to my rare talent. they also confirmend they ar enot processing self employed applications in Arab and Middle East countries (I'm Lebnaese).
If you love yourslef don't apply as self employed.

sandeepbhargav

Sep 24, 2013
Hello Guys
I am from india
I am trying to figure out how long the PR processing time is for applicant for Quebec self employed business immigration program.

Interested in knowing the processing time once CSQ have been received and the federal application have been forwarded to a visa office abroad.

looking at processing time tables provided by CIC, it is only Paris office which have provided average processing time and the rest have no information with following explanation

(-) indicates that not enough data are available. Processing times are shown only where an office has finalized 10 or more cases in the past 12 months.

BanglaBoy

Sep 27, 2012
Michigan, USA
Hello from Bangladesh.

My mother is a Celebrity Singer in Bangladesh with an illustrative career of 25 years (that makes up for 35 points). She is a two time national award winning singer (Rabindra, Nazrul, Country song and modern) with lots of awards, media coverage, features, mixed albums, solo albums etc. She (as the principal applicant) wants to immigrate to Canada under the recently resumed Self Employed scheme (as a musician/singer/vocalist). She is 44 years old (that makes up for another 10 points)and has a Masters degree in Music (another 25 points). My father is a govt official (deputy secretary). I have an younger brother. I'm to get married this coming month. So my (future) spouse will be added in the family members' list. Me, my (future) spouse and my brother are all under 22. So, 3 dependents in the family and all are students. Now the question is, is she qualified? (I think yes, since the minimum required is 35 and she scores a 70 only by her experience, age and education). I HEARD SELF EMPLOYED CATEGORY IS ONE OF THE HARDEST TO GET IMMIGRATION THROUGH, IS THAT TRUE?? IN MY MOTHER'S CASE, HOW ARE HER CHANCES?? PLEASE TELL ME !!

Another thing I wanna know - WHERE CAN I FIND CHEAP, REASONABLE, EXPERIENCED & PROFESSIONAL HELP IN BANGLADESH FOR IMMIGRATION TO CANADA IN SELF-EMPLOYED CATEGORY?

I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO IMMIGRATE WITHOUT ANY PROFESSIONAL IMMIGRATION REPRESENTATIVE BUT I WON'T BE IN BANGLADESH AFTER DECEMBER 2013 BECAUSE I'M GOING TO THE USA AS A STUDENT (F1 VISA). CAN ANYONE HELP ??