+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Business Immigration

djboom

Jul 26, 2009
well this is the third possibility for business immigration to Canada, and concerns self-employed individuals.

As a self-employed person, you must have relevant experience in cultural activities, athletics or farm

management. You must also have the intention and ability to establish a business that will, at a minimum,

create employment for yourself. You must make a significant contribution to cultural activities or athletics or

purchase and manage a farm in Canada.

No immigration conditions are imposed on this class. However, you must be able to:

* Demonstrate at least 2 years experience of self-employment in cultural activities or in athletics, and

participation at a world-class level in cultural activities or athletics, or farm management experience;
* Possess sufficient funds to support their family upon their arrival;
* Possess the intention and ability to establish a business that will generate self-employment;
* Make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada or purchase and manage a farm

in Canada;
* Earn sufficient points in the selection factors to meet the pass mark. The selection factors include

points awarded for education, proficiency in Canadian official languages, work experience, age, and

adaptability factors to life in Canada.

Quebec Self-Employed Program

The Quebec Self-Employed Program is geared towards applicants who will generate their own employment by

practicing an occupation for which they possess previous experience.

In order to apply under this program, applicants must:

* Have at least two years of experience in the occupation they intend to pursue in Quebec;
* Have a minimum net worth of $100,000 CDN of legally acquired funds (including spousal assets);
* Have the intention and ability to create their own employment by pursuing their occupation in Quebec

sallonicios

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
21-10-2011
AOR Received.
22-06-2011
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
No Needed
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
''Have a minimum net worth of $100,000 CDN of legally acquired funds''
how to proof this ammount? banking statement or IRS applications of tax return every year?

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Financial statements is generally what they look at. Bank, investment portfolio, etc.

K

Kumar_Humar

Hi all,

I am new to this site and I would very much appreciate your help.

I came to Canada on a work permit. I have a small business idea but I do not know if my idea fits into the "cultural activities".

Here is my question/s:

- What is identified here as "cultural activities"? what sort of things? Is "Tutoring center" considered a cultural activity

- If the above is valid, can you switch from a work permit to a business visa while still in the country?

- If yes, do you have any advice or suggestions as of how to do that?

Please help.

Thank you very much.

K.

davilina

Aug 8, 2010
Hello,
We'd like to immigrate to Canada and our choice was to do it like self-employed.
We have sent our application form to London office more than 3 months ago and still waiting for some answer.
My husband is a shooting coach, He has enough years experience in that sports field. But actually I didn't find shooting in the list with sports belong to the athletic section.
I'm wondering if they decide we aren't suitable for immigrants how long it will take to give us back an answer.
Thanks

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
davilina said:
Hello,
We'd like to immigrate to Canada and our choice was to do it like self-employed.
We have sent our application form to London office more than 3 months ago and still waiting for some answer.
My husband is a shooting coach, He has enough years experience in that sports field. But actually I didn't find shooting in the list with sports belong to the athletic section.
I'm wondering if they decide we aren't suitable for immigrants how long it will take to give us back an answer.
Thanks
I'm not an expert, and maybe one will chime in here, but I believe the way the process works is they send the first AOR telling you they got your application, but you must still wait for it to go into "processing". I'm not sure if they turn people down for an unlisted activity before processing, but if they doing it during processing, you're probably in for a long wait - at least a year I would guess.

danny2009

Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore transferred to Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2012
Nomination.....
April 2012
File Transfer...
February 2014
Med's Request
March 2014/Further test on 16 April, 2014
Med's Done....
21Mar2014.Ecas:In Process:29May2014, Decision Made:15Jun2014
Passport Req..
17 June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jul,2014 but just received the processed passports 04Aug, 2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
Kumar_Humar said:
Hi all,

I am new to this site and I would very much appreciate your help.

I came to Canada on a work permit. I have a small business idea but I do not know if my idea fits into the "cultural activities".

Here is my question/s:

- What is identified here as "cultural activities"? what sort of things? Is "Tutoring center" considered a cultural activity

- If the above is valid, can you switch from a work permit to a business visa while still in the country?

- If yes, do you have any advice or suggestions as of how to do that?

Please help.

Thank you very much.

K.
Hi,

Where are you living in Canada now? I think you can work there for at least 1 year in Quebec and 2 years in other provinces, and then you apply for Permanent Residence through CEC, look at here at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp; or CEC of Quebec at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/peq.html.

Good luck!

Danny

davilina

Aug 8, 2010
qwerbilzak said:
I'm not an expert, and maybe one will chime in here, but I believe the way the process works is they send the first AOR telling you they got your application, but you must still wait for it to go into "processing". I'm not sure if they turn people down for an unlisted activity before processing, but if they doing it during processing, you're probably in for a long wait - at least a year I would guess.
Thank you very much.
We are still waiting for the first AOR more than 22 weeks up to now :(

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
davilina said:
Thank you very much.
We are still waiting for the first AOR more than 22 weeks up to now :(
No worries.

I know - if there's one thing that seems clear about immigrating to Canada, it's that it takes a HUGE amount of time, with a TINY amount of feedback about the progress that's being made along the way.

The good news is, from all I've read, things seem to chug along pretty reliably, and qualified people do get in, eventually. So if you can hold out till "eventually", you'll be fine. :)

ezan786

Apr 6, 2011
Hello,
I NEED SELF EMPLOYED VISA PLZ SANED ME DETAILS VAIS THEN APPLICATION
We have sent our application form to ISB office more than months ago and still waiting for some answer.
My BUSINESS is a shooting coach, He has enough years experience in that sports field. But actually I didn't find shooting in the list with sports belong to the athletic section.
Thanks

ezan786

Apr 6, 2011
well this is the third possibility for business immigration to Canada, and concerns self-employed individuals.

As a self-employed person, you must have relevant experience in cultural activities, athletics or farm

management. You must also have the intention and ability to establish a business that will, at a minimum,

create employment for yourself. You must make a significant contribution to cultural activities or athletics or

purchase and manage a farm in Canada.

No immigration conditions are imposed on this class. However, you must be able to:

* Demonstrate at least 2 years experience of self-employment in cultural activities or in athletics, and

participation at a world-class level in cultural activities or athletics, or farm management experience;
* Possess sufficient funds to support their family upon their arrival;
* Possess the intention and ability to establish a business that will generate self-employment;
* Make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada or purchase and manage a farm

in Canada;
* Earn sufficient points in the selection factors to meet the pass mark. The selection factors include

points awarded for education, proficiency in Canadian official languages, work experience, age, and

adaptability factors to life in Canada.

Quebec Self-Employed Program

The Quebec Self-Employed Program is geared towards applicants who will generate their own employment by

practicing an occupation for which they possess previous experience.

In order to apply under this program, applicants must:

* Have at least two years of experience in the occupation they intend to pursue in Quebec;
* Have a minimum net worth of $100,000 CDN of legally acquired funds (including spousal assets);
* Have the intention and ability to create their own employment by pursuing their occupation in Quebec

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ezan786 said:
Hello,
I NEED SELF EMPLOYED VISA PLZ SANED ME DETAILS VAIS THEN APPLICATION
We have sent our application form to ISB office more than months ago and still waiting for some answer.
My BUSINESS is a shooting coach, He has enough years experience in that sports field. But actually I didn't find shooting in the list with sports belong to the athletic section.
Thanks
Posting that information online is not sensible.

warm

Apr 3, 2010
@ experienced members
i m applying through self employed under cultural/athlete program and received my AOR. please guide me what is start and cut off date for relevent experience as the website says the start date is the time application is filed so is it the time when AOR id received?
plz guide