+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

sunny009

May 5, 2019
Hi, I am new in this thread. I send my documents through courier on Nov 2018. So far below update received from CIC.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2019.
  4. We sent you a letter on February 20, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We(Me & My Wife) have done our bio-metrics on 21st FEB. However, till now no update so far. Is there any one who is in the same shoes of mine?Hope for the best. :)

Reactions: Amos TT

Blissful777

May 3, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Here to share my excitement: yesterday, exactly the date of my Birthday, I received the BEST GIFT EVER! CIC is requesting our passports for PR. On these few months that I am part of this group we have been sharing news, asking questions and supporting each other and to everyone out there, even when you are losing hope with the "waiting game", please don't - keep up and do your homework that you will be rewarded with this life-changing gift. Next step is to submit the passports and photos and hopefully having that returning back soon so I can start planning my family move up there. Thank you everyone, especially to leavingonajetplane2016 for starting this group.
Congratulations

Reactions: sunny009

Blissful777

May 3, 2019
Hi, I am new in this thread. I send my documents through courier on Nov 2018. So far below update received from CIC.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2019.
  4. We sent you a letter on February 20, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We(Me & My Wife) have done our bio-metrics on 21st FEB. However, till now no update so far. Is there any one who is in the same shoes of mine?Hope for the best. :)
I have same timeline.. 21st Feb 19 AOR after that no any update....

Reactions: sunny009

sabbirmsayem

May 17, 2019

I hav the same time line from Bangladesh. Biometric on 11 April & waiting......

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 29, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 3, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received. (that info got updated on December 2018)
  6. Decision has been made - PPR Letter email arrived on May 14, 2019
We applied from the US using a Canadian Lawyer Office in Toronto. The whole application process was done by Mail so some of the updates aren't the same as if was applied electronically. Now, I understand the additional costs for the Lawyer and took me almost 10 months since I started working with them until I submitted my package but having a professional helping you and reviewing every step was a great peace-of-mind. All the back-and-forth paid out - from the arrival of the process until PPR Letter took 16 1/2 months (without any surprises)

NOC 5241 - Graphic Designer
hey, Congrats, I am also planning to apply under same NOC, I want to know a few things if you would like to answer,
Do you have Website.? actually I do live in UAE and I own a single member company here which look after and run an E-commerce website, that is the only project I am doing now so I do every graphics and design work for that Ecom website like banner desgin etc so my question is that should I also get my personal website ?

edufizz

Dec 5, 2018
hey, Congrats, I am also planning to apply under same NOC, I want to know a few things if you would like to answer,
Do you have Website.? actually I do live in UAE and I own a single member company here which look after and run an E-commerce website, that is the only project I am doing now so I do every graphics and design work for that Ecom website like banner desgin etc so my question is that should I also get my personal website ?
Yes, we do. My business offers design work plus other types of services. I think you should focus on the website for the business and showcase your design work in there. Keep in mind that my lawyer really stressed the importance of the more work you have, the better for CIC do check the scope of your work so anything that you can show will help.

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
Yes, we do. My business offers design work plus other types of services. I think you should focus on the website for the business and showcase your design work in there. Keep in mind that my lawyer really stressed the importance of the more work you have, the better for CIC do check the scope of your work so anything that you can show will help.
O thanks for answering my question, how did you showcase your design work.? did you upload your portfolio on some platform and then give a link to them or something else.?

gorkemgrkm

Oct 20, 2017
Hi guys,
Application received on December 5th 2018
Received a message that says , they started processing my application 19th February 2019
AOR received March 5th 2019
They refunded my BIOMETRIC FEE too.

since then
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

and no update.
IRCC agent told me criminality is in process but security has not started yet.

Jenny19

May 23, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new member here. I read all your posts and I want to say thank you to everyone. After reading, I have a way to process my situation.
Can I ask a question: Anyone here did the documents with the agent or lawyer and how's about the fee? Thanks so much.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi everyone, I'm new member here. I read all your posts and I want to say thank you to everyone. After reading, I have a way to process my situation.
Can I ask a question: Anyone here did the documents with the agent or lawyer and how's about the fee? Thanks so much.
Most people here applied on their own without agency/lawyer. You can too if you follow the guidelines outlined on the CIC website and on this thread very carefully. That is not to say that using a lawyer is bad, I'm just saying you can save that money.

edufizz

Dec 5, 2018
Hi Jenny,
I went through a Lawyer firm based in Toronto. Yes, I could go on my own but due to all the details on this Visa Program, I felt way more confident about my chances of success having someone that had the experience and knowledge on this Program to help me out. I spend around $4,500 CAD with the firm but I would do it again on a heartbeat - that was money well spent.

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
We have ended our roller coaster of a process. We had applied under Self-Employed Farmer Stream (now closed) through an immigration law firm in Canada. We were rejected and filed for Leave and Judicial Review. IRCC offered to settle the case, tacitly implying they were wrong. Here's what it looks like reconstructed. Our notes/dates are in parentheses.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 1, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 5, 2018, about the decision on your application.
  6. (Attorney filed for formal case review November 7, 2018.)
  7. (Attorney received GMCS notes December 7, 2018.)
  8. (Attorney received no response from IRCC re formal review request after thirty days December 8, 2018.)
  9. (Filed application for Leave and Judicial Review on January 4, 2019.)
  10. (Attorney filed Applicant's Record for Leave and Judicial Review February 4, 2019.)
  11. (Received offer from IRCC attorney to settle case February 21, 2019.)
  12. (Application reassigned late February 2019.)
  13. We sent you medical instructions on April 9, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  14. Medical results have been received.
  15. (Attorney received personalized email May 22, 2019, stating agent was finalizing application; noted we hadn't been asked for FBI background checks and that they needed a new copy of one recently renewed passport for a family member.)
  16. (Attorney submitted FBI & PP copy May 22, 2019.)
  17. (Attorney received email with instructions for photographs and PP copies to go to Ottawa May 23, 2019.)
Done!!

Last edited:

edufizz

Dec 5, 2018
We are nearing the end of a roller coaster of a process. We had applied under Self-Employed Farmer Stream (now closed) through an immigration law firm in Canada. We were rejected and filed for Leave and Judicial Review. IRCC offered to settle the case, tacitly implying they were wrong. Here's what it looks like reconstructed. Our notes/dates are in parentheses.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 1, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 5, 2018, about the decision on your application.
  6. (Attorney filed for formal case review November 7, 2018.)
  7. (Attorney received GMCS notes December 7, 2018.)
  8. (Attorney received no response from IRCC re formal review request after thirty days December 8, 2018.)
  9. (Filed application for Leave and Judicial Review on January 4, 2019.)
  10. (Attorney filed Applicant's Record for Leave and Judicial Review February 4, 2019.)
  11. (Received offer from IRCC attorney to settle case February 21, 2019.)
  12. (Application reassigned late February 2019.)
  13. We sent you medical instructions on April 9, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  14. Medical results have been received.
  15. (Attorney received personalized email May 22, 2019, stating agent was finalizing application; noted we hadn't been asked for FBI background checks and that they needed a new copy of one recently renewed passport for a family member.)
  16. (Attorney submitted FBI & PP copy May 22, 2019.)
Mort,
I am happy for you! based on your timeline and after they received the medicals, I believe you are getting close to the finish line. Circle the date of your Medicals on your calendar because everything revolves around that - since that expires after a year, they would probably moving your application to a fast-track to give you enough time to plan your landing. Good Luck!

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Welcome to the thread Jenny. Some people used an agent/lawyer and some people applied on their own. If you can understand and fill forms in English or French, you can do it on your own. Many detailed step by step instructions on IRCC website for filling all their forms. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Reactions: Nornor and Jenny19