+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

security clearance- applying outside of Canada- UK

cmk2

Oct 3, 2006
While reading the Immigrant's Sponsorship guide Part II, Page 6 under Security Requirements, it says ..FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES, POLICE CERTIFICATES SHOULD NOT BE OBTAINED BEFORE APPLYING FOR IMMIGRATION. YOU MAY RECEIVE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS AT A LATER DATE ABOUT POLICE CERTIFICATES FOR THESE COUNTRIES: Afghanistan, Honduras, Thailand, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Fiji, Poland, United Kingdom, French Polynesia, Singapore, Venezuela.

Does anyone know why the policy is different for all these countries while it is clear that the check list of documents request for a police certificate to be submitted at time of application? Not sure if I should ask my wife to go ahead and prepare for the police clearance and submit the doc before applying ..anyone with some info on this please let me know. thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cmk2 said:
While reading the Immigrant's Sponsorship guide Part II, Page 6 under Security Requirements, it says ..FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES, POLICE CERTIFICATES SHOULD NOT BE OBTAINED BEFORE APPLYING FOR IMMIGRATION. YOU MAY RECEIVE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS AT A LATER DATE ABOUT POLICE CERTIFICATES FOR THESE COUNTRIES: Afghanistan, Honduras, Thailand, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Fiji, Poland, United Kingdom, French Polynesia, Singapore, Venezuela.

Does anyone know why the policy is different for all these countries while it is clear that the check list of documents request for a police certificate to be submitted at time of application? Not sure if I should ask my wife to go ahead and prepare for the police clearance and submit the doc before applying ..anyone with some info on this please let me know. thanks
She needs to submit the clearance for the UK with her application , see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.html

PMM