Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, my sister is Sponsoring her husband, but she has been married before in Canada to her Koren Husband and sponsored him(INSIDE Canada). The Koren Husband Received his Residency and they were divorced 3 years ago. He is now living back in Korea, re married with child. My sister has been living here with me in Costa Rica for the past 2 years, after her divorce and has met someone and been with them the past 2 years and would like to sponsor him to Canada(applying OUTSIDE of Canada)

She submitted her application last time through the Mississauga Office and we were just wondering if that will effect her in the future, she dosn`t plan on submitting the application atleast for another full year (Lets say 2011) but do you think she should submit her application at a different office, just in case

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
They are going to find out about the previous sponsorship anyway, so I can't see that it will make any difference.
On the application forms she will have to list her previous husband and the fact she sponsored him; omitting such details would be pointless, because they do check.

javcil

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/01/2010
AOR Received.
01/03/2010
File Transfer...
04/02/2010
Med's Done....
11/12/2009
Interview........
21/04/2010
Passport Req..
21/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2010
LANDED..........
16/07/2010
I thought inland apps went to Vegreville and outland apps went to Mississauga for sponsorship processing? I could be wrong; I didn't do much research on inland apps because that wasn't what I filed.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
She is required to give details of any previous sponsorship undertaking as well as previous marriages on the sponsorship application forms - there is no getting out of it.

She can only sponsor her new partner if she is a Canadian Citizen. Permanant Residents cannot sponsor unless they are living in Canada at the time of sponsorship.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
She can only sponsor if it has been 3 yrs or more since her last application to sponsor a spouse...

I

iarblue

Inland to vergiville out land to mississauga do its going to the same office anyway and she has to tell about her previous relationship as she has to supply the divorce certificate.And like lands said if it has not been three years since her ex landed she can not sponsor until three years have passed and it is going to be looked at very closely and almost certain of an interview.
Teo sponsorships in around 3 years is not always going to go good.So she fills out the apps and sends them to mississauga.(but only if it has been over three years since she has sponsored the korean ex.