+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @timpaine! :) It is perfectly normal for the Medicals in your GCKey to read "You do not need a medical exam" despite your up-front medical. Loads of people have said that their Medicals were not updated even after they had received their PPRs or were updated on the same day with PPRs. Personally, my Medical was updated about a month after our application was submitted (February 16 - March 20). However, it does not mean a thing. Your application might be processed by tomorrow or it may get stuck for over 12 weeks. There is no way of saying for sure or predicting or figuring out somehow how long it will take to process your application. There is nothing you can do. Pay as little attention to updates as you can (coming from a person who can't stop searching for patterns herself), they are random, not consistent at all and won't help you in your search for a definite timeline. Good luck to you!

@parrots Hello, was hoping to get some clarity here

Here's my timeline:

Application submitted: 6th April, 2023
Biometrics completed: 12th April, 2023
Biometrics updated: 13th April, 2023

I have had no change in my profile since - "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
I had gone and completed my medicals on 9th March, 2023 itself and they said it would be sent directly, however this hasn't been updated on my profile and under medicals its saying 'You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.' I can't see anything under the estimated completion date too.
I'm unsure what to do and what the next steps are + how much more time would it take to see an update on my profile. Any help on this would be appreciated. (Application from India, going to BC).

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yes, that's normal. My Tracker also says Biometrics "Completed", but does not reflect it in the history.

I just checked the tracker, and it still says medical exam- not started
In fact on the tracker, the application history is only till 'Application received' (it does say biometrics completed but doesnt show it on the timeline).

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
That's interesting @Latifa Annie! I did not know that applying from a foreign country might be an issue. I think as long as you are a resident in another country with solid ties, it shouldn't be a problem to apply from abroad. How did the IRCC formulated their reason for refusal?

But it seems that it is going to work for you, yes!

We've done upfront medicals. However, only my medical has been updated so fat (March 20), it has not been updated for my husband yet. My Biometrics is "Completed". Everything else is "In Progress" for both of us as of now.

Thanks for your reply. And thanks for the motivation.
Well to keep it short. My 2 refusuals were because I applied to the wrong office. I’m from Ghana but I reside in UAE I should have applied to Ghana office then but I didn’t really know. I meant someone on this forum who was in the exact situation and he advised I should apply from home since when he did he got the visa also. So that’s basically why.
If I may ask. What does it say on the tracker for you & your husband? And have you done your medicals?

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
That's interesting @Latifa Annie! I did not know that applying from a foreign country might be an issue. I think as long as you are a resident in another country with solid ties, it shouldn't be a problem to apply from abroad. How did the IRCC formulated their reason for refusal?

But it seems that it is going to work for you, yes!

We've done upfront medicals. However, only my medical has been updated so fat (March 20), it has not been updated for my husband yet. My Biometrics is "Completed". Everything else is "In Progress" for both of us as of now.
That’s what I thought too. But UAE is a country that only gives temporary residence and my parents being my sponsor are on contract so I really didn’t have much ties to here…

okay I’m hopeful we will hear something soon. With the next update if by then your visa is not out I’m sure everything will change to completed. I’ve rarely seen people getting rejections these days so let’s keep our fingers crossed

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Oh, I see @Latifa Annie. Yes, it makes total sense then, it is absolutely better for you to apply from your home country.

I also agree with you, the rejection rate is way lower this year. In 2022 it was literally 50%, it seemed that every second application was rejected. But this year, I've seen, like, one in 20 applications getting rejected only. Good luck to us! :)

That’s what I thought too. But UAE is a country that only gives temporary residence and my parents being my sponsor are on contract so I really didn’t have much ties to here…

okay I’m hopeful we will hear something soon. With the next update if by then your visa is not out I’m sure everything will change to completed. I’ve rarely seen people getting rejections these days so let’s keep our fingers crossed

Temp121

Apr 9, 2023
Woooo hooo finally got my passport request. I applied from india for study permit after rejection.
Timeline:
Applied: 13 Feb 202
Rejected: 27 feb 2023
Applied again: 16 march 2023
Upfront medical: passed and updated on 17 April
Ppr: 1st may 2023

guys hang in there….hope you all get your ppr soon

naohFiona

Mar 14, 2023
Woooo hooo finally got my passport request. I applied from india for study permit after rejection.
Timeline:

Congrats! Yours moved very fast even for the first rejection. It just eases our concerns on refusals. Apparently we can still re-apply after rejections. Could you share your rejection reason and how to fix it in the second application? It will be very helpful to us. Thank you in advance!

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Congratulations @Temp121! Your timelines are both extremely fast! Awesome! :)

Agree with @naohFiona! Would be great to hear your story behind the rejection and how you overcame it!

Timeline:

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
Timeline:

Congrats, great news. All the best

timpaine

Apr 24, 2023
Got my PPR in almost a month!

Eligibility started: 3rd May, 2023
Eligibility completed: 4th May, 2023
BVL received: 5th May, 2023
Original Passport Request: 5th May, 2023

Strange but my portal timeline or application status tracker hasn't been updated + same with my medicals (still says not started and i don't need one), but i did get an email theres been a message/change on the portal.

Reactions: parrots

rohangopalan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2020
Got my PPR in almost a month!

Eligibility started: 3rd May, 2023
Eligibility completed: 4th May, 2023
BVL received: 5th May, 2023
Original Passport Request: 5th May, 2023

Strange but my portal timeline or application status tracker hasn't been updated + same with my medicals (still says not started and i don't need one), but i did get an email theres been a message/change on the portal.
Was this through SDS or non SDS?