+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

schooling

Abdu

Feb 4, 2010
My passport as well a my family members' passports are at the visa office. We were approved in the PR category. We are planning to land in Toronto early in July. I am thinkig of my children's schooling. My two elder are spoosed to start grades 12 and 10 and my tow younges are supposed to be in kg1 and kg2. I would appreciate if any one shares with me his experience. How long would it take to find the suitable schools?. Do I need to wait until I get the PR card to aplly for schools?. My kids English language needs some improvment, do schools require a specfic level in English for admitance?.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Abdu said:
My passport as well a my family members' passports are at the visa office. We were approved in the PR category. We are planning to land in Toronto early in July. I am thinkig of my children's schooling. My two elder are spoosed to start grades 12 and 10 and my tow younges are supposed to be in kg1 and kg2. I would appreciate if any one shares with me his experience. How long would it take to find the suitable schools?. Do I need to wait until I get the PR card to aplly for schools?. My kids English language needs some improvment, do schools require a specfic level in English for admitance?.
1. You can't really select a school until you know what school district you will be residing. The children will be assessed (the older ones anyhow) and if it is determined that their English needs to be improved, they will be slotted into an appropriate ESL class. Their previous education will be evaluated and it will be determined one grade they should be assigned. See:http://www.tdsb.on.ca/_site/ViewItem.asp?siteid=90&menuid=23247&pageid=20150

PMM

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
PMM said:
Hi

1. You can't really select a school until you know what school district you will be residing. The children will be assessed (the older ones anyhow) and if it is determined that their English needs to be improved, they will be slotted into an appropriate ESL class. Their previous education will be evaluated and it will be determined one grade they should be assigned. See:http://www.tdsb.on.ca/_site/ViewItem.asp?siteid=90&menuid=23247&pageid=20150

PMM

Any idea about a good school in North york area?