+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan Nominated

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello harirajmohan Sir,

I am nominated from Saskatchewan and I think you are also nominated from Saskatchewan. My question is that I heard that if you are nominated from Saskatchewan, we have to have stay for atleast 2 years in that nominated province.I think you daily commute from detroit to windsor..Right??? My question other question is that r u stayed in Saskatchewan for 2 years or you just done your initial landing formalities in saskatchewan and then
immediately move to windsor???I have job in Lansing and I m confused whether I have to quit this lansing job and move to saskatchewan for atleast 2 years or I just complete my intial landing formalities and move in windsor and continue my job in lansing like daly commute from windsor to lansing....I heard that some time CIC will revoke your pr if u r not stay in nominated pr for 2 years. Please help me out for all possible solutions as u r also nominated from saskatchewan. If u immediately move to windsor, u face any difficulty from cic point of view.

Thanks

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello harirajmohan Sir,

I am nominated from Saskatchewan and I think you are also nominated from Saskatchewan. My question is that I heard that if you are nominated from Saskatchewan, we have to have stay for atleast 2 years in that nominated province.I think you daily commute from detroit to windsor..Right??? My question other question is that r u stayed in Saskatchewan for 2 years or you just done your initial landing formalities in saskatchewan and then
immediately move to windsor???I have job in Lansing and I m confused whether I have to quit this lansing job and move to saskatchewan for atleast 2 years or I just complete my intial landing formalities and move in windsor and continue my job in lansing like daly commute from windsor to lansing....I heard that some time CIC will revoke your pr if u r not stay in nominated pr for 2 years. Please help me out for all possible solutions as u r also nominated from saskatchewan. If u immediately move to windsor, u face any difficulty from cic point of view.

Thanks
Yes, i am SK nominated while i was in phoenix during when i completed my landing (Jul 2016) and planned to move there in any case due to backlog here.
Later i found job in Detroit hence i moved to windsor (Dec 31 2016) and now commuting from 2017.

Many people move out of province even the guys inside Canada who studied and worked few/many years. And till now there is no rule to restrict due to PR rights. For now i dont see any issue in moving to suitable city where you can survive(provided you already gained PR status - which means after landing).

Read the PR rights. Dont go with the threads like that or like mine. Go by rules. Yes, i was grilled on being asked by cbsa same questions over and over in Dec2016 asking why i did not move to SK. I told that i was supposed to move while i was working in Phoenix but later i got job in Detroit hence i could not move to SK as the job is in Detroit and will be easier for me to move to Windsor to keep the job.

FYI - You have to do the landing formalities in SK to gain PR status so that you dont have issue in the first step itself. I know that we can land anywhere else but if your intention is not to move to SK then you would be denied PR status.

Mohan

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Yes, i am SK nominated while i was in phoenix during when i completed my landing (Jul 2016) and planned to move there in any case due to backlog here.
Later i found job in Detroit hence i moved to windsor (Dec 31 2016) and now commuting from 2017.

Many people move out of province even the guys inside Canada who studied and worked few/many years. And till now there is no rule to restrict due to PR rights. For now i dont see any issue in moving to suitable city where you can survive(provided you already gained PR status - which means after landing).

Read the PR rights. Dont go with the threads like that or like mine. Go by rules. Yes, i was grilled on being asked by cbsa same questions over and over in Dec2016 asking why i did not move to SK. I told that i was supposed to move while i was working in Phoenix but later i got job in Detroit hence i could not move to SK as the job is in Detroit and will be easier for me to move to Windsor to keep the job.

FYI - You have to do the landing formalities in SK to gain PR status so that you dont have issue in the first step itself. I know that we can land anywhere else but if your intention is not to move to SK then you would be denied PR status.

Mohan
Thanks Sir for your clarification....So it means you stayed in Saskatchewan around 5 months (July 2016 to Dec 2016) and then moved to windsor in Dec 2016 or you came back immediately to usa after completed initial formalities and then moved to windsor in Dec 2016 from usa itself??? One more thing Can I do my initial landing formalities in Saskatchewan itself or I have to do initial formalities in Toronto, Vancouver , Montreal or Calgary as I heard that these are the 4 airports where we have to do initial landing formalities as there are no immigration facilities in Saskatchewan airport..Is it true Sir??? Can I take direct flight from Michigan to Saskatchewan and do initial landing formalities over there??

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks Sir for your clarification....So it means you stayed in Saskatchewan around 5 months (July 2016 to Dec 2016) and then moved to windsor in Dec 2016 or you came back immediately to usa after completed initial formalities and then moved to windsor in Dec 2016 from usa itself??? One more thing Can I do my initial landing formalities in Saskatchewan itself or I have to do initial formalities in Toronto, Vancouver , Montreal or Calgary as
1. I heard that these are the 4 airports where we have to do initial landing formalities as there are no immigration facilities in Saskatchewan airport..Is it true Sir???
2. Can I take direct flight from Michigan to Saskatchewan and do initial landing formalities over there??
Jul2016: Landing completed and returned back to US after staying in Canada for a day.
Dec2016: Moved to Windsor directly since i got job in Detroit.

1. Its not true. Check the flight route online from MI (refer below point). Of course there are airports in SK and they do the immigration formalities but as long as the destination is SK, its not an issue in clearing landing formalities in any airport in non-SK(such as toronto or other city).
2. The route mostly it would show is MI to MI to SK. So of course you can land in SK directly from MN. And infact I flew from MN(my connecting flight) to SK directly to complete my landing formalities.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Jul2016: Landing completed and returned back to US after staying in Canada for a day.
Dec2016: Moved to Windsor directly since i got job in Detroit.

1. Its not true. Check the flight route online from MI (refer below point). Of course there are airports in SK and they do the immigration formalities but as long as the destination is SK, its not an issue in clearing landing formalities in any airport in non-SK(such as toronto or other city).
2. The route mostly it would show is MI to MI to SK. So of course you can land in SK directly from MN. And infact I flew from MN(my connecting flight) to SK directly to complete my landing formalities.
Thanks Sir for your information...Yes there is flight from MN to Saskatoon....It means I will complete my initial landing formalities in Saskatoon itself...if you don't mind Sir, can you please share your email id or phone number so that I will discuss with you ....my email id is canadapr1982@gmail.com

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello harirajmohan Sir,

Since you moved in Windsor in Dec 2016.....So, probably this year (Dec 2019) u r eligible for Canadian citizenship...Right? I heard that it might be some issues at the time of citizenship if visa officer knows that the person is not leaving in nominated province for atleast 2 years and move from nominated province to other province....Is it right? One more question Sir, there is direct flight from Minnesota to Saskatoon ....It means I will complete my initial landing formalities in Saskatoon itself...Right and come back to Michigan?