NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear 7242 applicants,

Good day.Please send private message to me if you have job description sample for 7242 because I want to show this sample to my employer . Thanks.

Myat

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myat said:
Dear 7242 applicants,
Good day.Please send private message to me if you have job description sample for 7242 because I want to show this sample to my employer . Thanks.
Myat
Hi, Myat
Following is the job description for 7242
(Description from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada's National Occupation Classification, used by Canadian immigration officers, to assess an applicant's work experience.)
Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of factories, plants, mines, shipyards
Duties
Industrial electricians perform some or all of the following duties:
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
• Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
• Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
• Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
• Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
• Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
• May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
Skills• Industrial Electricians need the following skills and abilities:.
Essential Skills:
• good verbal communication skills
• good eyesight, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
• good analytical and problem solving skills
• good physical health, strength and stamina
• ability to work alone and as a member of a team.
Technical Skills:
• ability to read drawings and blueprints and interpret specifications
• knowledge of safe operating procedures
• ability to understand and apply industry standards for installation, repairs and safety
• ability to operate power tools and equipment
• ability to operate computer-based equipment.

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear hmisabpk,

Really thanks for your post. Good luck and have a nice day.

Myat

hmisabpk said:
Hi, Myat
Following is the job description for 7242
(Description from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada's National Occupation Classification, used by Canadian immigration officers, to assess an applicant's work experience.)
Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of factories, plants, mines, shipyards
Duties
Industrial electricians perform some or all of the following duties:
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
• Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
• Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
• Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
• Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
• Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
• May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
Skills• Industrial Electricians need the following skills and abilities:.
Essential Skills:
• good verbal communication skills
• good eyesight, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
• good analytical and problem solving skills
• good physical health, strength and stamina
• ability to work alone and as a member of a team.
Technical Skills:
• ability to read drawings and blueprints and interpret specifications
• knowledge of safe operating procedures
• ability to understand and apply industry standards for installation, repairs and safety
• ability to operate power tools and equipment
• ability to operate computer-based equipment.

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

ganeshterala

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th May'11
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made, 22nd Dec'2011
LANDED..........
4th Apr'2012.
myat said:
Dear hmisabpk,

Really thanks for your post. Good luck and have a nice day.

Myat
Hi Myat,

It's is not mandatory that all the roles and responsibilities should match with CIC mentioned roles.

If few match it will be ok.

Ganesh

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
ganeshterala said:
Hi Myat,

It's is not mandatory that all the roles and responsibilities should match with CIC mentioned roles.

Ganesh
Dear Ganesh,

Thanks. Please PM to me, just sample of your job description if possible. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Myat

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello myat,

I saw your name in the July 2011 FSW applicants spreadsheet/database, it said there that you received a NER due to insufficient documentation to prove the main duties. Could you kind enough to show what's in the letter? What do you think in your documents that are missing or lacking?

regards and thanks!

arrowsmom

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
7241 / 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11/2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application kit
AOR Received.
02/03/2012
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
02/21/12
Med's Request
05/03/12 (thank you Lord)
Med's Done....
05/22/12 Meds Sent to CEM : 06/22/12
Interview........
07/22/12 Medical results have been received on ECAS
Passport Req..
08/06/12 (DM : 09/20/2012)
VISA ISSUED...
10/05/12
LANDED..........
10/23/12 at Edmonton, AB
giogenre said:
Hello myat,

I saw your name in the July 2011 FSW applicants spreadsheet/database, it said there that you received a NER due to insufficient documentation to prove the main duties. Could you kind enough to show what's in the letter? What do you think in your documents that are missing or lacking?

regards and thanks!
\

yes Myat, im curious what you attached in your package to prove main duties and or employment and why the VO decided they were not good enough,,, thanks

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
arrowsmom said:
\

yes Myat, im curious what you attached in your package to prove main duties and or employment and why the VO decided they were not good enough,,, thanks
Dear ,

In my job description which I get from my previous employers, they never mention main duties of my job. I also didnt notice. I got reply from CIO, because of insufficient evidence job description I am not eligible to apply. So this time I sent my application with complete letters. I just applied My new application package on 26/11/2011 under NOC-7242. Let admin know when CIO received my application.

Thanks and regards,
Myat

arrowsmom

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
7241 / 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11/2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application kit
AOR Received.
02/03/2012
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
02/21/12
Med's Request
05/03/12 (thank you Lord)
Med's Done....
05/22/12 Meds Sent to CEM : 06/22/12
Interview........
07/22/12 Medical results have been received on ECAS
Passport Req..
08/06/12 (DM : 09/20/2012)
VISA ISSUED...
10/05/12
LANDED..........
10/23/12 at Edmonton, AB
myat said:
Dear ,

In my job description which I get from my previous employers, they never mention main duties of my job. I also didnt notice. I got reply from CIO, because of insufficient evidence job description I am not eligible to apply. So this time I sent my application with complete letters. I just applied My new application package on 26/11/2011 under NOC-7242. Let admin know when CIO received my application.

Thanks and regards,
Myat
thanks Myat, i hope you will be successful this time. it is important to give particular attention to the main duties as it is what they will based upon if we qualify or not after we pass the points... good luck to all of us, im november applicant too 7241

2good2btrue

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-03-2012 (1st AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
25-05-2012 (2nd AOR) & start of processing on 11-10-12
Med's Request
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
08-11-2012 & reached on 28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012 (PR Card Received = Mar/2013 & moving to Canada in Sep/2013))
ganeshterala said:
Hi Myat,

Ganesh
Hello Ganesh,

I am new to the forum, could you please email me or message me to discuss about NOC 7242 ? I did my apprenticeship back in india which was based on electronics/electrical and I have also worked as technician performing few if not all duties described for NOC 7242. Could you please share with me your experience certificate and education background ?

Thanks,
Raj