Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
I am quite upset with the strictures on the dimensions of the photo in the PR card.
After getting my Skilled worker immigration cleared, I submitted photos as per specs.
No smiling, correct size etc.

We landed on Dec 29th and are irritated to learn now that " new photos will have to be taken"
and "instructions will come in the mail anytime between now and May 2011"

My wife got hers after the mandatory 5-6 weeks.
On Thursday (3rd March) about 8 weeks after landing I phoned the call center to get this information.
Apparently mine and my daughters faces are not according to the ratio with the length of the photo that is supposedly prescribed.

It seems the consulate just takes the pictures you hand them and turns them over to whatever agency they use to make the PR cards. It then takes that agency TWO WHOLE months to realize the photos are not in order and some TWO MONTHS more to inform you that things are not quite in order and new pics have to be taken.

Canada sucks man. They better put their act together if they want immigrants with Skilled worker qualifications...
As it is none of their bloody employers understand a thing about foreign technical qualifications or even experience.
Just twiddling my thumbs here and burning my savings...

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Any chances of fixing this?
Speeding it up etc?

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
This seems to happen all the time. Any particular reason you're burning your savings? Have you already received your SIN card? Or do you need it to travel?

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Touching a raw nerve aren't you?
Why does one use savings?

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Honolulu said:
Touching a raw nerve aren't you?
Why does one use savings?
My comment wasn't meant to offend at all. One generally using savings when one is not working. You are upset about not receiving you PR card yet which has no bearing on if you're working or not. It was just a question sorry if I touched a nerve.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
OK no offense taken.
Just a sense of overall irritation with the systems here that makes you sit pretty and wait for a hundred different formalities before one is in the work force.
I know PR cards have little bearing on employment.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Okay good. I completely understand you when it comes to how to how frustrating the whole process is and the irritation that continues even after you land. We're waiting on our card so who knows it may vbe us in your situation within the next couple of months. I hope you hear something from them soon :)

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
I am wondering why the cards cannot be issued like the SIN and the Health Insurance i.e. after we reach here. At least that way we do not have to have the burden of producing "wrong" photos and simply show up before the official person whoever he or she is - at something like a Service Canada Office.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
I am wondering why the cards cannot be issued like the SIN and the Health Insurance i.e. after we reach here. At least that way we do not have to have the burden of producing "wrong" photos and simply show up before the official person whoever he or she is - at something like a Service Canada Office.
That would be too sensible !

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
Honolulu:

I went through the same problem!

I called up CIC in mid - Dec and came to know that my pics. were rejected! The rep. told me that I would be receiving a letter which would tell me when / where I have to submit the pics and that I have to carry that letter as well.

I submitted the pics. on Jan 26th at the local Service Canada office. I was asked how I came to know that there is a problem and I replied that I called up CIC and came to know there was an issue. I had not received the letter by then.

Received the letter finally on Jan 31st and received the PR card by post in Feb last week!

U can try submitting pics. without waiting for the RED letter. That way you won't have to wait for so long. Good Luck!

Reference:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/initial-pr-card-photos-rejected-need-to-travel-travel-doc-question-t60090.0.html;msg537516#msg537516

Aycan1998

Oct 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@xyrus

Exact same situation here. Called in December, was told pics did not comply, submitted photos in January 2011, received "red letter" on January 31, 2011, received PR Cards on February 23, 2011....go figure

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Aycan1998 said:
@ xyrus

Exact same situation here. Called in December, was told pics did not comply, submitted photos in January 2011, received "red letter" on January 31, 2011, received PR Cards on February 23, 2011....go figure
And did you also submit the pics at the nearest Service Canada office? If so, that is valuable information for anyone waiting a long time for a PR card.

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
This is indeed a bad thing to happen. Thank your stars that you were in Canada when this happened and you could sort it out there. I left Canada after completing the landing formalities as I had important bits to sort out here before I go back to Canada. My spouse's card was received well within the stipiulated peruiod, but mine isn't even today.
On calling CIC I was told that the photo is not as per specifications and received the red letter when I am abroad. The letter states that I would need to submit correct photos IN PERSON. This means that I need to get a Travel Document from the local embassy and travel to Canada just to submit those F****NG photos. It is ridiculous, time consuming and frustrating, but we are simply at their mercy.
BTW, does anyone know how to get the address of the local CIC office where I need to submit the photos? Thgis would help as I can then book a hotel in the area close to the office. LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF SAVINGS I NEED TO BURN, LET ALONE MY BLOOD.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rhetorisch said:
This is indeed a bad thing to happen. Thank your stars that you were in Canada when this happened and you could sort it out there. I left Canada after completing the landing formalities as I had important bits to sort out here before I go back to Canada. My spouse's card was received well within the stipiulated peruiod, but mine isn't even today.
On calling CIC I was told that the photo is not as per specifications and received the red letter when I am abroad. The letter states that I would need to submit correct photos IN PERSON. This means that I need to get a Travel Document from the local embassy and travel to Canada just to submit those F****NG photos. It is ridiculous, time consuming and frustrating, but we are simply at their mercy.
BTW, does anyone know how to get the address of the local CIC office where I need to submit the photos? Thgis would help as I can then book a hotel in the area close to the office. LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF SAVINGS I NEED TO BURN, LET ALONE MY BLOOD.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp