+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency obligation

orbitvapi

Apr 25, 2004
Hi :
Me and my wife have been fortunate to get the Canadian PR through your CANADAVISA.COM Firm in JUNE 2004.

After getting the PR ,we landed in Toronto Canada and obtained SIN #. However, due to my current JOB
since then We are leaving in USA. I have not file ant tax return in CANADA for last 2 years.
I wanted no know How can I retain my PR , still keeping the JOB in USA. As I have applied at multiple places in CANADA but was finding it little difficult to get similar job. I am sticking with my Current job.

Please advise. I will really appreciate your help.
Thanks

O.Vp.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

orbitvapi said:
Hi :
Me and my wife have been fortunate to get the Canadian PR through your CANADAVISA.COM Firm in JUNE 2004.

After getting the PR ,we landed in Toronto Canada and obtained SIN #. However, due to my current JOB
since then We are leaving in USA. I have not file ant tax return in CANADA for last 2 years.
I wanted no know How can I retain my PR , still keeping the JOB in USA. As I have applied at multiple places in CANADA but was finding it little difficult to get similar job. I am sticking with my Current job.

Please advise. I will really appreciate your help.
Thanks

You can't unless you are hired by a Canadian company and transferred to their overseas office, work for Govt Provincal/Federal or Military or accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse. You either reside for 2 years in 5 in Canada or you lose your PR status. If you don't return by June/07 and remain in Canada every day for the next 2 years, your PR status is gone.

PMM

O.Vp.