+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency Obligation-Point of entry & work ..

rajjo

Jan 31, 2007
2nd April 05 - I landed in Canada and become PR. (My PR is expiring on 1 April 2010).
2 April'05 - 1 May'05 :- I stayed in Canada not working , just waiting for my SIN card.
1st May 05 - now :- I retured to home country and continued working here.

As on today (2nd July 08) even if I enter canada now, I will not be able to accumulate 2 years stay to maintain my PR status.

With above situation..
Q1) Do I need to show my PR card while entering Canada ?
Q2) will they stop me entering Canada if I am entering from Airport (toronto or Vancouver ?)
Q3) Can I enter Canada and work there till expiry date of my PR date ?
Q4) I have to prove my 2 year stay only at the time of renewal of my PR card which is year 2010 ?
Q5) Is any way I can be allowed to stay and work there in Canada ?

Appreciate expert advise on this..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rajjo said:
2nd April 05 - I landed in Canada and become PR. (My PR is expiring on 1 April 2010).
2 April'05 - 1 May'05 :- I stayed in Canada not working , just waiting for my SIN card.
1st May 05 - now :- I retured to home country and continued working here.

As on today (2nd July 08) even if I enter canada now, I will not be able to accumulate 2 years stay to maintain my PR status.

With above situation..
Q1) Do I need to show my PR card while entering Canada ?
Q2) will they stop me entering Canada if I am entering from Airport (toronto or Vancouver ?)
Q3) Can I enter Canada and work there till expiry date of my PR date ?
Q4) I have to prove my 2 year stay only at the time of renewal of my PR card which is year 2010 ?
Q5) Is any way I can be allowed to stay and work there in Canada ?

Appreciate expert advise on this..
1. Your PR is gone.
2. Yes you will have to show your PR Card.
3. You will be reported on entry as failing to fulfill your PR obligations, and then will be admitted for 30 days to file an Appeal.
4. You have to prove you met the requirements every time you either enter Canada or renew your PR card.
5. Very unlikely, since it would appear that you had no intention to reside permanently in Canada and you don't have any ties.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have never been asked to prove on re-entry how long I was gone for. I just came back from my last vacation about a month ago. They scan the passport and PR card when you come back but they don't do it when you leave so how do they know how long you were gone?