+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

residence permit received but 3 days over the time limit to enter Canada

Hayley Newman

Jun 15, 2009
It has taken 4 years to get my residence visa, through my canadian husband. we had a child in canada and have since returned to the uk where he is working on contract. in the meantime i received my residence permit. it states that i need to enter by 12th Aug. I have a flight booked for 17th for my daughter and I but just for a holiday. Does anyone know who i should contact or what i should do in advance to avoid a nightmare on arrival. Also who do I contact to inform that we are living abroad as i believe this all counts as Canadian residence.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Hayley

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you need to enter by August 12, you should better enter by August 12 or your PR visa will expire and you will have to apply again. Residency requirements for PR are irrelevant since you are not PR yet until you go to Canada with your PR visa and "land". After that, you will have to fulfill the requirements of 730 days in Canada in any 5 year period but since you are married to a Canadian, as long as you are with him, you can count those days too.