[Request] Family Class Visa documents

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I am going to apply for my Family class PR, i am a Indian guy married to Japanese national who has a PR for Canada.

She will be moving to Canada and doesn't have a job to start with, but has enough savings to survive for 2 years.

Currently i have completed
1) Sponsorship form
2) Applicant form
3) Questioner about my and my wife's acquaintance and how we met to how we got married.
4) Police clearance certificate from india
5) marriage certificate from india
6) Medical test (Taking soon in tokyo)

Does anyone know what documents my wife and i will require for sponsorship and applicant respectively.

We have marriage certificate from India. But since i am living in Tokyo will i need any specific documents from japan ?

Thanks

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are country-specific requirements which you should look up on www.cic.gc.ca . If you were legally admitted to Japan for one year or more you can have your case processed there, otherwise you have to have it done through New Delhi.

Also remember that since your spouse is a PR, she has to be inside Canada to sponsor you. She will not be allowed to sponsor you while she is in Japan.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Karlshammar, can she just prove she plans to relocate to Canada? I did not know the rules were different for Canadian PR's. You are far more knowledgable than I, though.

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been in japan for last 5 years, so processing will be done in tokyo. And yes my wife will be in canada to process my PR.

Want to know documents so i can prepare everything and she can carry with her to canada.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nyssa said:
Karlshammar, can she just prove she plans to relocate to Canada? I did not know the rules were different for Canadian PR's. You are far more knowledgable than I, though.
Yes, permanent residents can't sponsor anybody if they don't live in Canada.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, that is only for citizens. PRs must be in Canada.

nyssa said:

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, the document you are looking for is the country-specific guide for Japan; you can find it on the CIC website: www.cic.gc.ca

manachinu said:
I have been in japan for last 5 years, so processing will be done in tokyo. And yes my wife will be in canada to process my PR.

Want to know documents so i can prepare everything and she can carry with her to canada.

scorpio2009

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1)you can apply police clearance certificate without any latter from canada embassy.by submitting PCC along with your file can avoide delay by asking it later .If you wish then you can submitt it later.CHC will ask you once they process your PR application after approval from canada-Missisuaga.also submitt pcc from tokyo if u hv residance more then 6 month
2)your wife needs to have any job(like labour/working for macdonald)because shee needs to submitt job latter from his employer(this is one of the proof that she is currently resides in canada even she dont have any house aggrement).
3)you can do your medical in advance as per designated doctor listed on cic.gc.ca website.(again you can submit it later on like PCC upon request by chc will ask you for that ).

if you wish to process your file from tokyo then you must be in tokyo for 1 yr.if you wish it from india then you should give address of india for correspondance.for medical the same things applicable.do medical if u want to apply fr ind.or do medical fm janpan if u want to apply from jaapn.other wise there may be delay to get medical result from diff country to diff country.
yes ther is country specific form which u can fiond on cic.gc.ca website.

most imp.thing ,try to get job and job latter /pay stub and income tax return to submitt along with your file to get 1st stage approval.
good luck!!!!!!!

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
****most imp.thing ,try to get job and job latter /pay stub and income tax return to submit along with your file to get 1st stage approval.****

The above job you are referring to is it job in canada or japan ? As for japan i already have been working in one of the big investment banks for last 5 years.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The information regarding a job is incorrect; there is no need for the sponsor to have a job for spousal sponsorships and whether she has one or not will not affect the application.

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have one more question, I called up the authorized doctor for medical. They asked me to tell where i want my medical to be sent to. Does anyone have any idea where my medical reports should be sent to ?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It should be in their manual. Big warning sign that they don't know. Have they not done this before?

manachinu said:
I have one more question, I called up the authorized doctor for medical. They asked me to tell where i want my medical to be sent to. Does anyone have any idea where my medical reports should be sent to ?

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they have done it previously and looks they send all the results to manila but might depend on where my wife is going to submit the application form.

Medical centers link h t t p://tmsc.jp/aframe,6visa.html

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you have to tell them where you are submitting the application to when you take the medical exam, or they won't know where to send it... Different visa offices can have different medical offices.

manachinu said:
I think they have done it previously and looks they send all the results to manila but might depend on where my wife is going to submit the application form.

Medical centers link h t t p://tmsc.jp/aframe,6visa.html

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I'm a wee bit confused now. I have to take my medical exam in 2 weeks and I am applying through Buffalo. They told me to bring 4 pictures and I know about the Appendix C. Am I supposed to provide them with an address for where to send the results to?