+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rental Car during Landing

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello Members,

I am planning to do landing next week but not permanently. But Canada custom allows peoples who will move permanently these days.I think we have to stay for 2 weeks as quarantine once enter in Canada. I believe there is no way to come back to USA immediately after landing. Let say If I will tell them I am moving permanently but after 14 days of quarantine, I will come back to USA. So, my question is regarding rental car as I am planning to book one way as I am showing move permanently so my pick up location is USA and drop off in Canada. The other thing to show custom officer to book rental car for 2 weeks as there are quarantine period but the other thing I noticed that If I am plan to book one way rental, the price is around $3000 to $4000 as drop off location is in Canada...Is custom officer doubt this thing like why you book this expensive rental. Anyhow I will change once my landing formalities is done, I will call rental company and change drop off location to USA again. Can anyone did this thing before....Please share your experience??

sriks91

Sep 26, 2018
Hello Members,

I am planning to do landing next week but not permanently. But Canada custom allows peoples who will move permanently these days.I think we have to stay for 2 weeks as quarantine once enter in Canada. I believe there is no way to come back to USA immediately after landing. Let say If I will tell them I am moving permanently but after 14 days of quarantine, I will come back to USA. So, my question is regarding rental car as I am planning to book one way as I am showing move permanently so my pick up location is USA and drop off in Canada. The other thing to show custom officer to book rental car for 2 weeks as there are quarantine period but the other thing I noticed that If I am plan to book one way rental, the price is around $3000 to $4000 as drop off location is in Canada...Is custom officer doubt this thing like why you book this expensive rental. Anyhow I will change once my landing formalities is done, I will call rental company and change drop off location to USA again. Can anyone did this thing before....Please share your experience??
Did you travel via rental car? can you share your experience regarding landing. I am planning to travel this week as well.

prsingh

Feb 22, 2019
Connecticut, US
Hi All, I need the same info too... planning to rent a car and move. However someone told me that you have to go directly to the quarantine place and cannot go to return the car....

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hi All, I need the same info too... planning to rent a car and move. However someone told me that you have to go directly to the quarantine place and cannot go to return the car....
Yesterday, I finished landing...Booked one way rental from USA to Toronto for 2 weeks....today I changed drop off location again to USA and now quarantine for 2 weeks... I think that is true you cannot drop car because of quarantine for 2 weeks...Immigration officer asked me whether u go back to USA immediately after landing or move permanently...

Deeds189

May 14, 2019
Yesterday, I finished landing...Booked one way rental from USA to Toronto for 2 weeks....today I changed drop off location again to USA and now quarantine for 2 weeks... I think that is true you cannot drop car because of quarantine for 2 weeks...Immigration officer asked me whether u go back to USA immediately after landing or move permanently...
So, did you move permanently? or you are planning to come back to US after quarantine?

Was the officer flexible enough to let you back into the US without the quarantine of 14 days if you were planning to return to US immediately after landing?

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019
FYI - I used my own car and didn't have to quarantine. I was allowed to make U-turn back to US by the immigration officer. I completed my landing at Peach Arch border week ago.